PDA

View Full Version : first gear trouble

chickensandwich
06-25-2007, 03:19 PM
ok so my car is acting wierd lately... and i have a feeling its an early sign of some major transmission trouble.

its not ALL the time but lately (last few weeks) it seems to have gotten progressively worse than the previous week.

So when im stopped at a light, i push on the gas to slowly take off like usual, and the dash starts to shake really hard.. like a very powerful Front wheel drive trying to gain traction off the line. except im just taking off like normal.
the car struggles to gain traction and when it does after the shaking, the tranmssion makes a loud thud to indicate the first gear has engaged.

so after noticing this, i put my car up on jackstands and put the tranny in Drive to see if the wheels are even rotating. i see that the right side wheel moves normal but the left side does not rotate when put in Drive.

btw, i searched with no luck...

LX-incredible
06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
That's not your problem, put a little friction against the right side and the other side will spin as well. In P when you rotate one wheel the other should spin the opposite way. What fluid are you using and when was the last time it was changed?

MessyHonda
06-26-2007, 05:09 PM
i would put in some new fluid....it also could be the new bigger and heavyer rims...try switching back and see if it does it.