PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake

ninja2571
09-11-2002, 07:26 PM
ok on the delsol page for the cold air intake. Do i have to cut it any diff then whats on the page, or make it just like it says to

bobafett
09-11-2002, 07:46 PM
make it like it says, more or less, but you WILL have to taylor the angles to your engine bay, and where your battery is ect. just line it up, and cut the proper "looking" angle and you should be fine.

ps, keep looking around, i thought someone posted an image of where to cut (it might have been added to the how-to)

smufguy
09-11-2002, 07:53 PM
yeah, though that intake was made for a delsol, it is similar in all hondas as u know. I am planning on moving the battery to the rear just to make up some space and distribute the weight to the rear. the battery box is really cheap from wallmat its like 8 or 7 bucks. i want my engine bay looking a lil better and clearner so i can either have a cold air intake from my bumper during the winter days, or just have a regular intake during rainy days.

ninja2571
09-11-2002, 08:16 PM
im gonna get a superstreet filter wit a 3" inlet......it will fit on the 2 1/2 " anyway .......where does the filter sit at in the bumber
:werd:

smufguy
09-11-2002, 09:03 PM
the filer is gonna be stuck right up nera the circular hole beside ur battery. this is to prevent either water or a chunk of ice hitting ur filter and getting it wet. or a squirrel sneaking in ur bumper and peeing on it too.

87pimpsterdocious
09-12-2002, 12:04 AM
check the how to cuz i just recently sent in a photo that was made for me showing approximately where to cut the pipe. its the first article (that's not "important").

89accordlxi
09-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I'm the one who sent pimpsterdocious the pic that's in the How-to section. Here is a pic of the cut pieces and installed in car.. Fits great with a little moving of battery..
http://www.3geez.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=12097

peace.

bobafett
09-12-2002, 11:23 AM
sorry to get OT, but what exactly is involved in moving the battery to the truck, is there a guide on it anywhere?