PDA

View Full Version : glove box removal... and inverter hook u\p

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
eh yo was sup
forum ? its hot as balls out here in pa so i decided to remove my glove box
to mold my ps2 into.
so i was wondering if some one could tell me how to remove my glove box out the car
thanks

also my secound question was is there a way that i can connect my inverter so when the key is in the ignition and on the on position the inverter will turn on because right now i have to keep turning off the inverter pain in the ass

2ndGenGuy
06-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, get a relay and wire the switched power source to the inverter when it gets 12v from the ignition source. I have a switch in my center console that turns the inverter on in my trunk, which has power outlets up in my center console.

Here's some info on relays:

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 02:27 PM
sweet lol i woulda hooked it up to my wipers or something lol
ok so
now just the how to for the glove box and ill be set

frantik
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
to remove the glove box first remove the plastic panel down below the box, then unscrew the glove box.

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 02:55 PM
thanks i just figured it out
thanks

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 03:29 PM
do ya think i might need fans i gave it a big hold in theback of the compartment

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 10:26 PM
ok so i butchered my box i put foil over everythign and then
i glasses it up im just throwing on layers now i want this puppy thick
adn then ill cut a hole out for the ps2 to breath and stuff i hope to be done tommerow if not ill get pics of the progress any way
rob

labeledsk8r
06-26-2007, 11:05 PM
i would say a nice 12V computer fan sucking air threw the glove box might not be a bad idea, that glove box will hold heat like crazy, better be safe then sorry, overheating ps2's can cause havoc on them

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 11:20 PM
true
since the ps2 has the two usb ouyt in the fron ill just hook up a usb fan
ill fabe something up.
one facing in and one facing out right?
and i need to find a nice lil saw dremal bit so i can touch up things and make it nice and i guess ill need bondo and stuff
i think this is going to take alot of time to finish
maybe a day of almost non stop work and alot of hand sanding but dont worry when i get to that part ill start taking pics and stuff and do a right up on it maybe some one can improve on my idea

buttaz1
06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
i dont understand the relay part
but what iw as thinking was to hook up the positive lead from the inverter to the windshield wipers or something or hook itup to the asscery lead you know where you connect that yellow wire to or im not sure where idconnect this to

Strahan
06-27-2007, 03:48 AM
For the relay just get a relay and run a wire from something that goes hot when the key is turned on to pin 85 and ground pin 86. Run a fused power line from the battery to pin 30 and the inverter power hooks up to pin 87.

The whole idea is you don't want to just plug the inverter straight into some random ignition switched +12v line in the dash because you don't know what amperage load the line is rated for. The relay however doesn't draw hardly anything so it's safe to hook to the switched +12v. When the 85/86 circuit completes it connects pins 30 and 87 completing that circuit. Since you ran your own fused heavy duty power line to 30 you know it's safe for the inverter. As soon as +12v disappears from 85 the 30/87 circuit is broken.

That's basically the concept.

buttaz1
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
so basically its like me turning on and off the switch but instead of me flickin it its the electricty?
but what if that ampage is greater or lower the what my inverter needs
and how much would of these things runn me

buttaz1
06-27-2007, 09:44 AM
and what relay do i need