PDA

View Full Version : emblem!!

staticpat
05-07-2002, 07:34 PM
i put some yellow vinyl backing and it looked damn good, but when i went down the interstate i suddenly see this yellow mass fly over my windshield, and into nowhere. :( i guess the hooks were broken. i got a new one at the junkyard, but the hooks dont work (and the new ones dont exactly align with the holes), does anyone know another way to hook the emblem on??

(x_x)
05-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Super-glue the sh!t outta that SOB...lol

Just put loads of blue on the underside of the trunk...around the holes...not much, but it'll hold well.

87accordlxi
05-08-2002, 09:41 PM
i would use a silicone glue. something that will withstand the elements

accordlx
05-09-2002, 01:54 AM
Put JB Weld in the holes. Trust me, it might never come off.

DBMaster
05-09-2002, 07:18 PM
There are pins on the the back of the emblem and then there are white plastic inserts that go over the pins (or, in the holes in the hood if they stay in there). If you have lost the inserts the pins will have nothing to snap into. I used Liquid Nails on mine after I painted them black years ago and they have not loosened up since.

hondaaccord_86
05-09-2002, 07:53 PM
JB Weld - it glues as if it were welding... i guess thats why they call it JB weld... :lol

CoAsTeR
05-11-2002, 06:51 AM
i just used silicone, and I didn't use vinyl cuz its a pain to get any around here. goto the busines depot or wherever stationairy is sold and get a Clear BLUE REPORT COVER. I just cut a peice of it to size, siliconed everything together and voila. :) I can do about 6 or so emblems with that 1 dollar peice of report cover :)
Especially around here cuz my emblems have been stolen about 3 times now, so I just keep replacing em' with ones from the scrapyards... or if the neighbour pisses me off more, I'll just borrow his

Just a thought....

:devil:

staticpat
05-11-2002, 11:08 AM
i bought a thin yellow plastic no hunting sign at walmart for $1. it looks fine. i stuck it to the emblem with silicon.

can i just use the caulk (silicon glue) to hold the emblem and yellow plastic to the car? i know its waterproof, but will it last the heat and cold and wind??

CoAsTeR
05-11-2002, 11:12 AM
mine have held fine for the past 2 months... I had to cut the posts off the H cuz they didn't line up with my holes.. so its only held on by silicone......