PDA

View Full Version : warnign lights come on with brakes

JGBaugh
06-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I have an 89 accord coupe. When I apply the breaks upon driving, my door and seat belt warning lights come on with the warning buzzer. I am not very good with electrical problems so any help and ideas would be appreciated. Just a note that I dont think will matter, my horns dont work at all.

ahmad89
06-28-2007, 08:02 PM
wires might be mixed up but thats funny lol

LX-incredible
06-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Do they come on when taking hard turns, or when going over bumps?

bigbrat41
06-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Check the brake pedal itself at the brake light switch. The switch is right there and should close when the pedal is not depressed. My car, right now, the headlights come on when the pedal is sagging or depressed. If I lift the brake pedal the lights will go out. I have not yet done all to fix OR DIAGNOSE but I seem to recollect a similar problem and solution with an American car YEARS ago. I think, again not positive, that there should be a "travel" adjustment on the pedal itself. That is going to be my first target. Good luck. It is annoying as ...........

MessyHonda
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
wow sounds like a electrical prob.....did any one try to install a stereo....my friend installed his and used a 12v wire as a ground...and mest up his whole wiring.

LX-incredible
06-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Could it be one of the switches in the door latch? Mine used to go off every time I slammed on the breaks, went over a bump, or took a hard turn.

JGBaugh
07-23-2007, 07:57 AM
First of all, I am glad that I can speel Soo dame goood in my titl!!! However I have posted a new thread concerning this as I forgot I had put this post up. been a few weeks sense I come to the site. However, here is more to the electrical problem, I found that if I push the horn the horns don't work but the door ajar light comes on and if I unplug the steering wheel and drive the lights don't come on at all but then my horn still does not work. I had the steering wheel electronics replaced and still have the same problem. I am lost and my bodies at an auto shop are lost.

coope
07-23-2007, 08:26 AM
on my 89 coupe when i hit the brakes my reverse lights come on

LX-incredible
07-23-2007, 09:38 AM
First of all, I am glad that I can speel Soo dame goood in my titl!!! However I have posted a new thread concerning this as I forgot I had put this post up. been a few weeks sense I come to the site. However, here is more to the electrical problem, I found that if I push the horn the horns don't work but the door ajar light comes on and if I unplug the steering wheel and drive the lights don't come on at all but then my horn still does not work. I had the steering wheel electronics replaced and still have the same problem. I am lost and my bodies at an auto shop are lost.
Do you have an alarm?

JGBaugh
07-23-2007, 04:56 PM
no I do not have an alarm

MessyHonda
07-24-2007, 12:11 AM
no I do not have an alarm

did the car ever had an alarm?