PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a motorized screen headunit?

Strahan
07-02-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm debating between a Kenwood KVT-617DVD / KNA-G510 combo (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XVvlW6BLWuX/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=700NAV617) or a carputer. The Kenwood would be nice because there would be no headaches, simple plug and play but the way the Accord dash goes up and out above the radio I'm concerned it may not be able to angle properly.

I searched for motorized screen and saw someone had mentioned using one, just wanted to make sure. Actually, I guess I could just go to Tweeter and measure it to make a mockup, heh.

Strahan
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Wow, did some more research on the Kenwood headunits. The carputer idea is getting farther and farther from consideration, heh. The kvt-819dvd can play DVDs, play/control an iPod and show the iPod's videos on the LCD, hooks up to Sirius, supports Kenwood's navigation module and has a bluetooth kit so I can pair my Blackberry to the car stereo. Man that sounds sweet :)

ghettogeddy
07-02-2007, 03:31 PM
ya the kenwood in dashes are some of the best but i think u will have a prob with the dash unless u can make a plate to flaten out the dash so its fits