PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here know about '92 Accords ?

92 LX
07-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Hello, I am a new member to this forum.

Does anyone know about '92 Accords? (US model)
Or does anyone know of any other good forums that deal with these specifically,
or any other good technical forums that might know

If you DO know about them, I have a question:

My Honda Accord LX '92 is giving me shit, it rides fine except it choses the worst times to not want to start. what gives? i've taken it to several mechanics and none of them can find what's wrong with it

it's not the alternator, not the starter, not the battery, not a fuse missing, not the gas pump, or gas filter. They've taken off the steering wheel off as well. and even checked out some "switches". they've runned the computer analysis and still no dice.

My uncle has a shop and his mechanics are pretty good, but no dice. they say it's prolly som'n with the ignition, some wire that runs from the ignition to the computer or som'n like that. they're not confident to fuck around with the computer so that i could bypass it when starting it, but they fear they might make matters worse if they do that.

Another friend of mine says it might be dry solder joints on the main relay, as apparently this is a common problem with EF Civic's of similar year

...... what do you think?

Strahan
07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
I'm not much of a mechanic so I can't help with the problem but I had two 4Gs before. The forums I visited when I had them were Accord Tuner (http://board.accordtuner.com/) and CB7tuner (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/).

A18A
07-03-2007, 05:57 AM
wow this must be a common 4g problem, ours has the same problem, and ive read a few threads on other forums with this same problem, but still havnt found a answer lol

ghettogeddy
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
dose it manly not want to start when its hot

AccordEpicenter
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
main relay

guaynabo89
07-03-2007, 09:10 AM
main relay or if your distributor has the coil built in might be a bad ignitor.

if it does it when sittin in thhe hot sun or right after you turn it off for 5 minutes and doesnt start its probably the fuel main relay

LXlimited
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
my friend had an ef that does this. it turns out that the igniter is bad.

Hello, I am a new member to this forum.
Does anyone know about '92 Accords? (US model)
Or does anyone know of any other good forums that deal with these specifically,
or any other good technical forums that might know
If you DO know about them, I have a question:
My Honda Accord LX '92 is giving me shit, it rides fine except it choses the worst times to not want to start. what gives? i've taken it to several mechanics and none of them can find what's wrong with it
it's not the alternator, not the starter, not the battery, not a fuse missing, not the gas pump, or gas filter. They've taken off the steering wheel off as well. and even checked out some "switches". they've runned the computer analysis and still no dice.
My uncle has a shop and his mechanics are pretty good, but no dice. they say it's prolly som'n with the ignition, some wire that runs from the ignition to the computer or som'n like that. they're not confident to fuck around with the computer so that i could bypass it when starting it, but they fear they might make matters worse if they do that.
Another friend of mine says it might be dry solder joints on the main relay, as apparently this is a common problem with EF Civic's of similar year
...... what do you think?

race12001
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
defanetly a main relay ive had to redo them on every cb7 ive owned they have problems with them all the time

92 LX
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Many thanks everyone....

seems to me the general view is that it's the main relay, so I'll try and re-solder it incase it has dry solder joints and then if not replace it

Checked the dizzy already so hope it's not that.

Will post up with the details when it's done

Cheers!

HondaBoy
07-03-2007, 01:37 PM
id first say, main relay also. its not too uncommon for those to be affected by temperature change which would cause the non start condition intermitantly. also, i know the distributor can leak oil into it and ruin contact for the rotor. thats fairly easy to look inside and check. but more likely, the main relay, which is about $50 at the parts store. but i'd check a few things before i made a repair. sounds like you have been taking it to mechanics that dont know what they are really doing.

'A20A3'
07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
the F22 is notorious for being a turd. it could be the main relay, or it could be the distributor.

H22 time!!:welcome:

92 LX
07-05-2007, 06:38 AM
Okay..

Currently checking on the possible relay problem..

Meanwhile.. can someone please tell me what the fix is for the oil leaking into the distributor problem, as this happened before and the distributor was repeatedly cleaned up before being replaced, it seemed fine then for a few days and then the problem started again..

BIG THANKS!!!!

:thumbup: