PDA

View Full Version : Noise on shutoff..Please help

2drSE-i
07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Ok, for those of you who dont know, my car has been in the shop for 2 weeks getting a bent rod replaced. (High water + Cai - Bypass valve = bent rod...ftl) They did the headgasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, new pistons rings, Adjusted the valves, timing, and of course replaced 2 rods and 2 pistons (cylinders 4 and 3). Well, ive driven it once, (nothing over 3k rpm) and when i got it home, i shut it off, and heard what sounded like air blowing out of my CAI, it always did a little of that but it was way louder.

Well i started it up again, shut if off and got around to the engine bay to figure out it sounded as if it were coming from the head. Any ideas guys?

They scheduled a check up for next week, but im wondering if i should take it back earlier?

2oodoor
07-03-2007, 01:23 PM
running defroster or ac ?

HondaBoy
07-03-2007, 01:28 PM
is it like a hissing like the intake makes that you think is comming from the cylinder head? possibly intake manifold gasket leaking or a vacuum leak from somewhere? i'd have anything that is suspicious checked out if you feel uncertain about it. you did pay for them to do the work correctly the first time.

ahmad89
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Record a video of it and post it, that would help a lot.

B18Civic
07-03-2007, 03:02 PM
my civic does the same thing when it turns off. mine is just the air that is in the cylinder coming out threw the intake valves, nothing big. when you turn your car off all the valves dont close ,some are still open or in the process of opening. it kinda ,usually sounds like a slow hiss. it doesnt last more than 1 -2 seconds. if it is your intake gasket you could always hit it with come carb cleaner while it is running. if you have a leak it will idle up. just remember that carb cleaner is flamable so dont go crazy with it.

2drSE-i
07-03-2007, 09:45 PM
my civic does the same thing when it turns off. mine is just the air that is in the cylinder coming out threw the intake valves, nothing big. when you turn your car off all the valves dont close ,some are still open or in the process of opening. it kinda ,usually sounds like a slow hiss. it doesnt last more than 1 -2 seconds. if it is your intake gasket you could always hit it with come carb cleaner while it is running. if you have a leak it will idle up. just remember that carb cleaner is flamable so dont go crazy with it.

thats possibly what it is. My valves have been off for a long time, so it could be that i just havent noticed the noise because my valves werent in the right place. As for my starter, it sounds normal now, i drove it to and from work.

2drSE-i
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
oh and thanks for the help guys :-D

carotman
07-04-2007, 06:53 AM
That sound is normal.

2drSE-i
07-04-2007, 08:29 AM
ok cool. i was just really worried and pissed off cuz i spent 1200 bucks and id never heard the noise before.