PDA

View Full Version : Are spring drop amounts literal?

Strahan
07-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I.E. if I go measure from the ground to the middle upper part of the wheelwell and get like 32" does that mean if I install 2" springs it will measure 30" after install? Or is it not that literal of a figure?

Secondaries
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah that's pretty much it. A 2" drop spring will make any point on the car two inches lower. Sometimes drops vary, though. Lightened cars will be lowered less, whereas audio-laden heavy cars will have a bigger drop.

Legend_master
07-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I.E. if I go measure from the ground to the middle upper part of the wheelwell and get like 32" does that mean if I install 2" springs it will measure 30" after install? Or is it not that literal of a figure?

I would measure from the ground to the body of the car, but yeah thats how it works.

MessyHonda
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
yeah....my 2 subs in the back make my car tuck some tires....time to lighten the back.

epic1400cs
07-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Idea is like that but 2" doesn't mean exactly 2" - some drops more depending on the manufacturer.
I bought a set of spring which state 35mm drop but dropped like 45mm. So I changed them to H&R that says 40mm but sit higher than the previous spring.
I recommend you to search this site about the reputation of the spring available for our car so that you don't have to install them twice.

Strahan
07-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Sounds good. I went out and measured the gap from the wheels to the wheelwell and I can't recall the exact figure but it was immense. I don't want it slammed, but I don't want hardly any wheelwell gap either. I was originally looking at 1 to 1.4 inch drops, but on that much gap it seems like I'd be throwing money away on something that'd be barely noticable, heh.

MessyHonda
07-06-2007, 07:40 AM
your best bet would be like tokico lowering springs or the eibach pro kit that is 1 inch. i think ST made some 1 inch lowering springs also. i like my 1.5 neuspeed springs but the rear is started to sit lower than the front and its kinda annoying.

2drSE-i
07-06-2007, 11:04 AM
good luck finding tokicos, i got the last set that id heard of. As for a 1 inch drop not being noticeable, check out my before and after thread. its a huge difference.