PDA

View Full Version : choke

leem
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Im not sure, but I do think I cars have electric chokes right? For some reason I do not think mines is hooked up, If the car is not warmed up it wont start it takes forever, but If i spray a lil carb cleaner on it it fires right up and runs smooth, until it warms up. Once warmed up it doesn't like to idle and it sputters under steady acceleration, then if i turn it off and try to start it back up, it turns over but dies. Please help I am aware of checking my vaccum lines, but i am more concerned about the choke, how do I go about seeing if the electric choke is hooked up, also I noticed my idle air control is not hooked up is that bad as well?

BenAthar
07-05-2007, 05:43 PM
get a MultiMeter and turn the ignition switch on to the position of like your going to start the car and see if you are getting any juice to the elec. choke. If not then you need to trace to where the break is. As for the Idle air control you might have to check out a vacuum diagram to see which line goes to it and check the vacuum pressure. That is all I can tell you for now. Other than that use the search to look for choke either in the EFI or Carb tech forums. That should get you in the right direction.

leem
07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
will do, thank you, I'm gonna hop on it 1st thing 2moorow after class!