PDA

View Full Version : Power Window Issues

Xybris
07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
When I closed my drivers window, there was always a gap in the back-top of the frame where the window didn't seal. Well today all hell broke loose and the window tilted foreword and fell into the door (still connected to the track). After pulling the door panel off I could see that the regulator and motor assembly were not bolted to the door and more or less free floating in the door. The bolt holes on the door where I suspect the regulator attaches look really nasty like something has been tearing through them. I've never dealt with a Honda window (only Saab windows) and I must say that I have no idea what is going on here because the access holes don't let me see anything. The motor turns but the C-shaped thing with teeth doesn't move and the window won't move either. I have the Haynes manual but it always skips important details and is rather worthless in this situation. Below are a couple pictures of what I am looking at. Any ideas before I have to call in "sick" to work and pay out my ass to Honda?
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/903/cimg0205ln0.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4806/cimg0208jt6.jpg

Vanilla Sky
07-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Flatten that metal back out and place a couple of decent sized washers on either side of the ripped holes. The only proper fixes are to either replace the whole door, or weld those holes back into shape. Washers will work just fine.

This is usually caused by binding somewhere in the mechanism. Before you start using that window again, make sure all contact points and all points of articulation are well lubricated with a silicone based grease, and be sure to lube the window tracks with a silicone based spray oil.

If you have any more problems, just ring us back!

Xybris
07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Well I was able to line it back up and re-bolt the regulator, but realized when testing it that the window would only go halfway up and stop. So I tried to "reset" everything with the window up and the motor at the start of the C-shaped thing but only got a little more than halfway up before the motor somehow pulled itself into the door and is getting caught on some of that plastic crap (I just can't see where). So I get to drive it tomorrow halfway up and nothing holding it place. Would it be easier to just remove the window and start over with everything in the down position?