-9.1 C/R
-Custom dual intake manifolds
-Dual 24mm Throttle Bodies
-DC sports header
-2.75 Piping Exhaust system
-P&P Cylinder Head
-2 junkyard turbos preferrbly from volvo 850
-intercooler

I don't have my parts guide mag infront of me so i know i'm missing something, don't flame cause of course i have no idea where the hell i'm gonna put 2 turbos. but just testing the waters for viability.

bobafett
07-07-2007, 09:19 PM
usually in a twin turbo setup you have a smaller turbo helping to spool a larger turbo. you probably wouldn't have 2 similarly sized turbos unless you were working on a v6/v8 etc.

if you want big power you need one BIG turbo. :)

also you cannot use a DC sports header with a turbo setup.
and 2.75" exhaust will be restrictive.
and 24mm throttle bodies are not large enough, even if there were 4 of them. and what do you mean by dual intake manifolds?

gutting your accord and rebuilding your motor is a good start, but you definitely need some more planning. :)

either way if you are serious and have serious questions there are plenty of people on the board who can help steer you in the right direction.

ZackieDarko
07-07-2007, 09:27 PM
you could do a remote mount turbo...two of 'em if you really wanted to no need for an intercooler that way too

bobafett
07-07-2007, 09:39 PM
right.... no need for an intercooler...

86AccordLxi
07-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Why bother twin turboing at all?

Get one turbo set up and running, with a good management solution, then maybe think about trying some sort of screwball twin turbo setup.

Alex

edit: gl with all that

bobafett
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
how many seriously fast supras use twin turbos? oh thats right, most of them convert to single turbos! whoops... twin turbo is a drivability compromise. give up power to have better low end response. :(

86AccordLxi
07-07-2007, 09:45 PM
As for viability, honestly, forget about it.

Going from a carbed 3g, to some sort of beastly drag car takes a lot of time and money.

And again, you haven't listed any management, which will probably wind up doubling the cost of your build.

Alex

bobafett
07-07-2007, 09:49 PM
yeah i agree. management on a true monster is not cheap. even a low buck standalone system will run you $2k minimum to control fuel and spark. some setups are closer to $4k all said and done. :(

i know how much $$ i have dropped and how much further I have to go, and I see cars like johnny o, and dont even WANT to know what he has invested into the car. lol

but i maintain, if you really want to build a badass monster, and have the means and the dedication to do it, just ask the smart questions and we can help guide you. :)

89T
07-07-2007, 10:26 PM
this may help. it is a bit complicated though.
borgwarner turbochargers.
http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/products/r2s.aspx
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7598/imgr2s1zs0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3306/imgr2sschemagnj4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)

as far as huge hp goes i will have to agree a big single turbo.

AccordEpicenter
07-07-2007, 10:58 PM
it wouldnt be cheap but you could do it. If you ran 2x IHI RHB5s they would support over 400hp or so for the pair plus prolly be fully boosted by 2750 rpm or so. They are tiny pea shooter turbos... The big thing is this, a single bigger turbo would be more efficient and less work to fab and install and have a better result. So sure, you can twin turbo an A20 but i dont see why youd want to. Id say 3" exhaust at least for any kind of real power boosted. Plus a dc sports header would be worthless for boost, and remote mounted turbo systems arent all theyre cracked up to be. For the best results you should do an underhood turbo and turbo manifold instead of a remote mount system.

MessyHonda
07-08-2007, 01:59 AM
nice way to spend 3k.

DDRaptor
07-08-2007, 01:21 PM
lol, lots of resposes quickly, i was wrong on the header i did'nt have my book with me but i'm thinking of twin smaller turbos 7-8psi, with 2 smaller TB's i was just thinking about. besides i would'nt be using my carbed accord for this it would be another 88-89 lxi or se-i coupe.

DDRaptor
07-08-2007, 01:23 PM
i was thinking it would end up around 6k including all the suspension, tranny upgrades, roll cage, etc.

Legend_master
07-08-2007, 01:50 PM
i was thinking it would end up around 6k including all the suspension, tranny upgrades, roll cage, etc.

Engine and turbo setup alone would prob be 6K, if you did it right.

bobafett
07-08-2007, 01:57 PM
yep definitely. you would be lucky to squeeze in management under that $6k mark. :) tranny upgrades are probably at least 1k-2k depending on what you are doing, suspension if you are starting from scratch should run 1k-3k depending on what you are doing, and roll cage should be 500-1.5k.

However if you do a lot of the work yourself and get good deals you could easily be under this mark. :)

snoopyloopy
07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
best way to make big power is single turbo per bank of cylinders. so a20a3-tt would be novel, but if power is what you're going for, rebuild the internals and then slap a hell of a monster on there and run 30 psi. that should get you closer to your goals.

AccordEpicenter
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
plan on spending like at least 5-8k to do a serious build the right way. Stuff isnt cheap

MessyHonda
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah i would just run a turbo with very very good management on a stock engine till it wears our and then go and spend the big bucks on the internals.