PDA

View Full Version : Tranmission/timing problem

ballin_in_my_accord
07-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Driving in town on a hot day usually my car starts revving crazy when u put it in park then when u turn the car off it like keeps running. this has been goig on for awhile but sinceits not to to often i put up with it . But now and im not sure its related my auto tranmission isnt shifting right its like almost pulls 6 rpm before every shift. And im not sure if its related but when it first did that my power steering was messed up like stiff as hell even when your just starting out and in reverse it was fine but stiffened right up when i put er in drive so any ideas what this might be would be awesome thanks!

ballin_in_my_accord
07-09-2007, 07:12 AM

2oodoor
07-09-2007, 07:22 AM
sounds like your transmission cable from the throttle is out of adjustment. You also need to lubricate your cables and all linkages around the carb you do have a carb right?
If so then make sure the secondary throttle plates are closed at idle.

ballin_in_my_accord
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
My tranmission cable now that i check it out is actually in rough shape, rusted up, if the cable is gone though would it still shift at all . I had someone tell me it could be that the cable and arm are no good and its the vacuum that lets it shift at 5 or 6 rpm and that either the cables no good or its new tranmission:| .

2oodoor
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40885
no vacuum controls on tranny in 3rd gen accords
if you continue to drive it maladjusted the tranny will take a dump, the link shows a good how to^^^

evil88accordLX
07-09-2007, 10:39 AM
how long has it been since you changed your fluid? old fluid or not enough fluid will cause your tranny to slip, not shift properly, diesel after shutting off, improper idle, so on and so fourth. might wanna check it before you start making adjustments.

ballin_in_my_accord
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
The fluid is getting a change and im putting a new transmission cable in it , hopefully this solves the problem, but if not im probably looking at a new transmission?

evil88accordLX
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
if a fluid change and a new, proprely adjusted cable dont fix it then i dunno. is your power steering still acting up, and have you checked its fluid? if mine gets low it does the exact same thing as you were describing.

ballin_in_my_accord
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
turns out the arm that the transmission cable pulls on was seized up. now that its free the car shifts mint. on a side note yeah my power steering is still stiff just starting out

ballin_in_my_accord
07-13-2007, 08:41 AM
turns out the arm that the transmission cable pulls on was seized up. now that its free the car shifts mint. on a side note yeah my power steering is still stiff just starting out

LX-incredible
07-13-2007, 09:01 AM
on a side note yeah my power steering is still stiff just starting out It sounds like the little "pump" in the speed sensor is worn and letting fluid bleed off.