PDA

View Full Version : trunk rattle

honda88mike
09-12-2002, 09:25 AM
:burn: I have a few subs in my trunk, but whenever I power them up, my remote trunk realease cable rattles. It's pretty anoying and loud outside the car. Does anyone know of any foam filler or something that i could spray in my trunk hood?:help:

SQ is the SQUAD
09-12-2002, 09:45 AM
go to the hardware store, i am sure they can sell you some spraable foam. i am not sure how good it will work. you can always get some dynamat. i got fat may which is the same as dynamat. i got it off ebay for 99 you can get 100 sq feet. it comes in a rool which is 31 pounds and shipping is like $29, way better value than dynamat. the rool comes with enough to do you hood, roof doors and trunk, and then some

Vanilla Sky
09-12-2002, 11:12 AM
or you can do some cable tie straps... basically what's stock, but use more... space them hella close

Derick

sanjay
09-13-2002, 12:10 AM
but it still rattles, the rattling won't stop!!! ARGH!!

staticpat
09-13-2002, 07:14 AM
go to any hardware store or walmart, and get you some Great Stuff expanding foam. best stuff ever, just dont fill up too much, it grows to like 9 times the size.

sanjay
09-14-2002, 05:10 PM
Expanding foam? Is that what the stuff is called?
Cause I tried to put ordinary foam between the cables and metal to prevent rattling, unfortunately, it didn't go as well as I planned.....
I dunno what to do....
boot rattle SUCKS ass!

Mike's89AccordLX
09-14-2002, 05:29 PM
I used or should I say misused the "Great Stuff" expanding foam. I used the whole can on the trunk and got the shit all over. Oh yeah wear rubber gloves when using the foam. (I hope i'm not the only moron not to use gloves) :smile: It still rattles a bit but you can't hear the rattling outside the car. The music sounds sweet outside and good inside.

staticpat
09-14-2002, 08:03 PM
oh yeah, lay down something, its impossible to get out. i used a can and a half, it cut the rattle outside by probably 75%, and inside it sounds 200% better.

smufguy
09-14-2002, 08:17 PM
dude, lemme tel u in on a secret. with ur volume cranked up and u hear it rattle, open ur trunk and u see the back seat release lever on the underside of the speaker brackets? stuff a paper towel into it and see if it stops rattling. trust me, it was the fuck that ralltles, not the trunk. I had the same shit and it pissed me off. so i decided, to stuff the paper in. if u dont want it or dont use that lever, just take it off.

sanjay
09-16-2002, 10:52 PM
not only is it the back seat release lever,
but it is also the black metal things that cross over in the boot...