PDA

View Full Version : Rim repair in CO

Shaggsbud
07-09-2007, 06:31 AM
Ok all you Co guys, since I haven't really seen too many signs pertaining to this, I'm gonna need some help.

I wanna get a quote on restoring and painting my BBS basketweaves. I have not been able to locate a company/person who does such a thing and I can't say I know how to restore mag wheels myself otherwise I'd just do it meself.

So tell me what yous knows.

AccordEpicenter
07-09-2007, 06:46 AM
I would just take them, either sand them or bead blast them then rattlecan them. Take your time, the surface prep for paint will determine how good they will come out when you spray them

Shaggsbud
07-09-2007, 06:51 AM
I would just take them, either sand them or bead blast them then rattlecan them. Take your time, the surface prep for paint will determine how good they will come out when you spray them

Can you even powdercoat mag?

AccordEpicenter
07-09-2007, 08:42 AM
prolly

Shaggsbud
07-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I shot an email to Premier Coatings asking them if they can even powdercoat mag. Once they let me know and give me my quote, I'll post the update.

Could be good info for those that want a different look to the rims they have that they love and don't want to get rid of.

Cheeseburger
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
im sure there are a few shops that restore rims :D

Shaggsbud
07-10-2007, 05:41 AM
The good news:
Premier Coatings only charges 40 a rim to powder coat assuming thats all they have to do.

The bad news:
They don't work with magnesium rims due to the gassing probs.

Here is the email he sent me:

Joe,
Our pricing starts at 40.00 per rim if all we have to do is powder coat them. As for magnesium we do not work with magnesium because of the enormous out gassing problems as well as the flammability of the metal. Call if you have any more questions
Tony

Premier Coatings
(303) 282-4451
3106 W. Hampden Ave
Englewood, CO 80110-3253

So there you have it. A place to get your rims powder coated. And the price seems reasonable too.