PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-09-2007, 11:43 AM
hey guys im really new to building third gens and was wondering what all can be done to mine to make it faster and what engines i could swap with without having to to major custom mounts and stuff what would just drop right in??? any help or is my sohc good enough to build off of even tho its carbureated

Legend_master
07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
hey guys im really new to building third gens and was wondering what all can be done to mine to make it faster and what engines i could swap with without having to to major custom mounts and stuff what would just drop right in??? any help or is my sohc good enough to build off of even tho its carbureated

Please go read through the forum, there is a section completely devoted to engine swaps. Go there and read around. I could just tell you the answer, but you will learn much more by searching. I will give you a hint about the stock motor, you need to convert to Fuel injection if you want to make some real power.

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
what is a guesstimated price range on how to change it to lxi??

2oodoor
07-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I will give you a hint about the stock motor, you need to convert to Fuel injection if you want to make some real power.
Final answer?

oh sorry no million dollars 4 U.....for raw power, carbs rule

Fuel Injection does have it's advantages true, and on a stock motor that is (one) good way to get more horsepower.
I got a lot more power with the 32/36 Weber carb over stock carb without really getting into the secondaries, and you can get even more with a 48 weber non progressive carb.
Best bang for the buck though would be motor swap.

Legend_master
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
what is a guesstimated price range on how to change it to lxi??

Well, that all depends on how much you get parts at the Junkyard for and how much work you do yourself.

Final answer?

oh sorry no million dollars 4 U.....for raw power, carbs rule

Fuel Injection does have it's advantages true, and on a stock motor that is (one) good way to get more horsepower.
I got a lot more power with the 32/36 Weber carb over stock carb without really getting into the secondaries, and you can get even more with a 48 weber non progressive carb.
Best bang for the buck though would be motor swap.

Final answer was actually right, unless you can find a simple and efficient method to turbo a carb. If not then you are very limited to the amount of power you will make with a carb. Now if we were speaking all motor, then yes the carb would make more power then the EFi.

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-09-2007, 12:12 PM
can you direct me to a good forum about engine swaps and like i said i dont want to do alot of custom mount work... im a noob and this site seems like theres alot of smart honda gys so please a little help would be good like what would you reccomend for my car??? engine swap wise!!

Legend_master
07-09-2007, 12:19 PM
can you direct me to a good forum about engine swaps and like i said i dont want to do alot of custom mount work... im a noob and this site seems like theres alot of smart honda gys so please a little help would be good like what would you reccomend for my car??? engine swap wise!!

Alright read everything in this part of the forum (http://www.3geez.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7), then use the search (http://www.3geez.com/forum/search.php) function at the top on the window to find other available info. Short answer is that there are no readily available motor swaps. If want to make some simple HP for cheap, you could get a cam, a good carb, and a header. That would make some decent power. If you really want to make high HP out of the a20 you will need to build the motor for turbo, convert to EFi, and turbo the engine. That option is not going to be cheap, and certain parts will still need to be custom.

cubert
07-09-2007, 12:19 PM

we reccomend going to the engine swap forum in the performance section...

edit...legend beat me to it :lol:

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
thanks alot youve been really helpful

2oodoor
07-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Well, that all depends on how much you get parts at the Junkyard for and how much work you do yourself.
Final answer was actually right, unless you can find a simple and efficient method to turbo a carb. If not then you are very limited to the amount of power you will make with a carb. Now if we were speaking all motor, then yes the carb would make more power then the EFi.
Good point
you may get lucky at the yard and find a good modded out Civic with just the right parts already!!
FI is the way to go for a long term goal towards Turbo, absolutley..

Hrmm reminds me now to go back to look at how the turbo set ups work on air cooled bugs these days, with solex/and webers

shepherd79
07-10-2007, 06:38 AM
if you want power and you have 3G, you better have deep pockets and second car to drive around.
to convert to EFI will take some time and a lot of parts. if you are up to it good luck.

if you want engine swap, well you got a wrong car. If you want B, F, H series in 3G you may as well sell the car and buy a civic or newer accord. everything will have to be made custom for any swap.

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-10-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks so not even a bad ass air filter would help at all???

Legend_master
07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
thanks so not even a bad ass air filter would help at all???

Dude it might give you 1 maybe two HP, but you really need to do some research before you start modding your car. It sounds like your pretty new to the car mod game.

Vanilla Sky
07-10-2007, 01:18 PM
You can run dual DCOE and make nice power. Rjudgey makes 200BHP with his race builds.

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-12-2007, 12:15 PM
what is a dual dcoe?????? im so clueless lol

LiTtLe xOx BitT
07-12-2007, 12:24 PM
research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

caleb_accord_88_lx
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
so dual carbs?? then whats oe??