PDA

View Full Version : Getting Tint - What % ?

jschatte
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
well im getting the cobalt tinted all around, but i im not sure how dark to go.
so far, i am thinking 35% front and 20% back. It is a must to have a lighter tint on the front becasue any tint on the front windows is illegal here. For the back, i want the darkest tint i can get, but still be able to see outside at night in bad conditions (rain). So what would you guys suggest?

Thanks

frantik
07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
i have 50 on the front, 30 on the back sides and 15 on the back glass. i think it's perfect. :)

ghettogeddy
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
man if ur tinting all windows tint them the same % it dosent look right with dif % on dif windows and if ur worried about the law just go 35% all around
mine's 5% all around besides windshield
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/8ac05ddc.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/eaf51792.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/8d81a423.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/507b6072.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
man ur going to get pulled over by the po po

Civic Accord Honda
07-09-2007, 07:12 PM
but what is the ca law for tint? i am going to be doing mine soon

88Accord-DX
07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I got my back window limo tinted & will get the backs ones done also. Here you have to have I think 35% in the front so pigs can see if your white or black.

Civic Accord Honda
07-09-2007, 07:15 PM
I got my back window limo tinted & will get the backs ones done also. Here you have to have I think 35% in the front so pigs can see if your white or black.
LOL

che3wy
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
california laws
front window: no tint only top 4 inches
front driver/passenger side windows: 70%
any other window can be as dark as you want

beee careful. i got written up for my windows. i have 20% all around

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/accord_6.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
07-09-2007, 08:05 PM
i think i am going to go with 50% up front and 2% in the back :)

frantik
07-09-2007, 08:34 PM
beee careful. i got written up for my windows.

yeah messy did too.. and i bet if geddy was on the road more he'd have been nabbed by now too lol. never had any problems with 50% in the front though :)

ghettogeddy
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah messy did too.. and i bet if geddy was on the road more he'd have been nabbed by now too lol. never had any problems with 50% in the front though :)
i just alwas drive with my windows down lol remeber no ac lol and most cops could care less out here and cah no such thing as 2% at least not in most shops its 5% or above

che3wy
07-09-2007, 08:54 PM
wtf 2% where did you get that number?

ryan2107
07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
i had lemo all the way around on myy 90 accord and got 2 tickets for it within the same month but the old tint shop i use to go to if u show them the ticket they take it off then u get ur ticket signed off then u go back and they put it back lol

Civic Accord Honda
07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
hmm thout i saw 2% at walmart maybe i was worng and i am not taking in to a shop im doing it myself :-X

che3wy
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
oh i solved my problem just by getting a second set of windows. if i got a ticket i'd just switch them out get it signed then just switch it back in

Civic Accord Honda
07-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Rofl

MIK3
07-10-2007, 01:06 AM
well im getting the cobalt tinted all around, but i im not sure how dark to go.
so far, i am thinking 35% front and 20% back. It is a must to have a lighter tint on the front becasue any tint on the front windows is illegal here. For the back, i want the darkest tint i can get, but still be able to see outside at night in bad conditions (rain). So what would you guys suggest?
Thanks

This is the set up I have. 35% up front is AZ's legal limit and 20% is darker, but but as drastically darker as limo (5%). Check out pictures of my car if you want to see what the tint combo looks like.

conozo
07-10-2007, 01:59 AM
hmm thout i saw 2% at walmart maybe i was worng and i am not taking in to a shop im doing it myself :-X

maybe you were in the milk section

MessyHonda
07-10-2007, 11:39 AM
oh i solved my problem just by getting a second set of windows. if i got a ticket i'd just switch them out get it signed then just switch it back in
i wonder who gave you that idea?:welcome:

here is a good comparison pic

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9299/p1010330cu3.jpg
50 on the front, 30 on the back sides and 15 on the back for Fitz

20% in the back and 35% in the front for me...i only got pulled over because i was in a rich neighborhood....i haven't been bothered since...i got to say it does get a bit for the front windows at night.

ghettogeddy
07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
i wonder who gave you that idea?:welcome:
me lol

jschatte
07-10-2007, 12:04 PM
maybe you were in the milk section
lol!

thanks for all the replies guys, i just found a shop in town that is going to do all the windows for 280$, which is a fair price around here.

MessyHonda
07-10-2007, 01:29 PM
lol!
thanks for all the replies guys, i just found a shop in town that is going to do all the windows for 280$, which is a fair price around here.

OUTCH.... ahha i didnt even pay half that. hook ups ftw

frantik
07-10-2007, 02:29 PM
well i assume he meant canadian $ but 280 is still fair price imo.. if you go to the cheap places you risk having them do a shitty job and/or use shitty film. i paid $300 for mine..probably could have gotten it cheaper but the installation is perfect so fuq it

MessyHonda
07-10-2007, 02:36 PM
well i assume he meant canadian $ but 280 is still fair price imo.. if you go to the cheap places you risk having them do a shitty job and/or use shitty film. i paid $300 for mine..probably could have gotten it cheaper but the installation is perfect so fuq it

yeah i know but i went to the best place in my town....lifetimewarranty on tint...if it ever messes up bubbles up or turns purple i can go to then and they will do it free of charge. they used good tint also...i forget the name but i was on the website and it was vere legit.

ghettogeddy
07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
i paid like 180 for all 7 windows and there the best in the east bay its were everyone gets there cars tinted i know they used a none metal film so it dosent turn purple and i havent had any other issues yet

Strahan
07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I paid $225 for four side windows and the rear. Couldn't be happier, nothing like having professionally done warrantied tint heh. I tried to tint my old Caravan and it was a mess, such a PITA getting all the bubbles out.

frantik
07-10-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah messy sounds like you went to a reputable place :) just look out for the super cheapo shops like $79 specials and what not

w261w261
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I bought a 5G that was from Vegas....had 20 tint all sides and rear. Here in suburban CT, they hassle anyone with the darker tints, and my son got a warning within a couple of weeks. He wanted to get the sides to 35 and keep the rear at 20, but the shop gave him 35 all around. I noticed it was much easier to back up the car at night with the lighter tint.

The story continues with my son (16) deciding to go into the pot selling business, kind of. He got stopped because of the new tint, and when the cop came up to measure the window, the smell of pot got him busted for possession, paraphernalia, and the worst one, intent to sell. He had 2 oz, scales, bags, etc. This was last New Years weekend. The car was seized for these past 6 mos (finally getting it back this week), and my son was, after 6 months of court continuences and drug testing, etc, given 3 choices:
a. 3 mos in prison but no record
b. plead guilty to simple possession, 1 year suspended sentence but a record
c. 2 wks in prison, 2 years of no further trouble = no record.

He went for Door #3. Just got out Monday. CT has a separate prison for everyone under 21, so that's where he went. His bunkmate had stabbed someone while drunk, but wasn't too bad a guy. Mostly he hated the 23 hrs a day locked up, not to mention the ever-present threat of some kind of violence. The worst 2 wks of his life, maybe a good lesson, as in Don't Mess with the System.

All of this because he had that tint, and legal tint at that.

Strahan
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
All of this because he was a drug dealer

I fixed that for ya ;)

C'mon now, you can't seriously blame tint for that.

jschatte
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
what a story

2drSE-i
07-10-2007, 08:43 PM
but he wouldnt have got busted for possession if the cop hadnt stopped him for the tint. 95% of all crimes are caught by accident lmao.

MessyHonda
07-11-2007, 12:07 AM
and thats why i dont do drugs or anything ilegal. the cop was just bored or something and just wanted to stop him over because of his tint....i never been hassled again....and now my car is lowered with a kinda loud exhuast.

A18A
07-11-2007, 12:14 AM
i think i am going to go with 50% up front and 2% in the back :)
you should just paint your windows black

forrest89sei
07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
you should just paint your windows black

ROFL

yes that would work :bong:

w261w261
07-11-2007, 03:22 PM
.....the cop was just bored or something and just wanted to stop him over because of his tint....i never been hassled

No, the cop wasn't bored. That's how they troll for drugs or alcohol. Last week they stopped a Jeep because it was raining slightly and he didn't have his lights on (in CT if the wipers are on, the headlights have to be turned on too). You have one of your license plate illuminating bulbs out?...stopped. A tail light out?...same thing. They don't give a shit whether your light works, they want to look around in the car and generally, if it's a young driver, hassle him a bit. It's part law enforcment, part power play. In my son's case, he had a black '98 EX with bigger wheels and a Flowmaster exhaust. It looks bad, and the cops agreed.

MessyHonda
07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
No, the cop wasn't bored. That's how they troll for drugs or alcohol. Last week they stopped a Jeep because it was raining slightly and he didn't have his lights on (in CT if the wipers are on, the headlights have to be turned on too). You have one of your license plate illuminating bulbs out?...stopped. A tail light out?...same thing. They don't give a shit whether your light works, they want to look around in the car and generally, if it's a young driver, hassle him a bit. It's part law enforcment, part power play. In my son's case, he had a black '98 EX with bigger wheels and a Flowmaster exhaust. It looks bad, and the cops agreed.

most people just fit the stereo type then. yeah i remember my autobody teacher was like leave your car stock because the more shit you put in it the more chances you have of getting pulled over and the more causes to get into your car.....im only 19 and sometimes i drive crazy.....its a miracle i dont get pull over alot

frantik
07-11-2007, 10:36 PM
and thats why i dont do ... anything ilegal
says the guy with illegal tint, illegal cam gear, illegal intake, & no front license plate who likes to go 120 on the freeway :kekeke: :Owned:

MessyHonda
07-12-2007, 12:50 AM
says the guy with illegal tint, illegal cam gear, illegal intake, & no front license plate who likes to go 120 on the freeway :kekeke: :Owned:

lol as a mater of fact i was doing like 115 on the freeway coming back home....from belmont to san mateo....2 mins.....i got scared cuz i passed a white car but it was a taxi.....if it would of been a cop......i could of been in jail right now....haha.

Cheeseburger
07-12-2007, 01:08 AM
no tint FTW suckas!!!!

che3wy
07-12-2007, 01:18 AM
mine are suntek. i got the same warentee like you messy

frantik
07-12-2007, 03:46 AM
no tint FTW suckas!!!!

no

MessyHonda
07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
no

x2

alanizgod
07-12-2007, 03:44 PM
lol!

Wow that sucks...luckily we have plenty of Mexicans here that will do a pretty decent job for dirt cheap at the swap meets....

Cheeseburger
07-13-2007, 12:11 AM
no tint FTW suckas!!!!

no

x2

i find old cars with tint tacky and ghetto.... just my http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/sanchomoss/Smileys/m2c.gif

Strahan
07-13-2007, 03:53 AM
If it is done right, I don't think it's tacky (i.e. no bubbles). My left side was baking yesterday from sunlight coming in the driver window of my other car, I would've loved for it to have tint then heh.

frantik
07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
i find old cars with tint tacky and ghetto.... just my http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x223/sanchomoss/Smileys/m2c.gif

your 2c are wrong :D

My left side was baking yesterday from sunlight coming in the driver window of my other car, I would've loved for it to have tint then heh.

yeah good tint is functional as well as visually appeling imo. when i first got my new 3gee i had to get it tinted right away, not because i wanted it to look more baddass (which it does :kekeke) but because i was getting blinded at night by cars with HIDS and tall as trucks with lights aimed in your windows

Bones
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I got mine tinted because the parking lot where I work doesn't have any sorta shade for miles around.

Window tint + vent shades + windshield sun reflector = non-ovenized interior

My tint was done at the local Ziebart place with 5% on the back doors, rear window and the sunroof, and 20% on the front 2 doors for $200. If I had to take another one in today I would get 5% all over though.

The guys at Ziebart do a lot of jobs for the high end dealers (Lexus, Caddy, Beemer, etc) so my tint looks as good as the tint on a new Escalade.

ghettogeddy
08-01-2007, 06:28 PM
thats my name lol

knarg
08-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Cah, you should just spray-paint your windows with black paint :thumbup: