PDA

View Full Version : tops out at 5k rpms

mike10562004
07-10-2007, 04:10 AM
:wtf: :violin: why is this is it the limiter? but i can not rev mine over 5k rpms i had my ecu pulled apart and chiped my a guy i know and he took the limiter out so is ther an mechanical limiter? thanks
-mike

shepherd79
07-10-2007, 05:40 AM
1. there is only one limiter and it is fuel cut off relay. it custs fuel off around 6750 rpm.
2. YOU CAN"T CHIP OUR ECUs. they are not OBD-0. they only half obd-0 features.

just put back the original ecu and you should be fine.

MessyHonda
07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
yup....our cars dont make much power after redline. even with mods

i make all my torque and hp around 5300rpm...so i try to shift there now...dyno chart ftw.

A20A3quippedbeast
07-10-2007, 01:51 PM
my car falls flat on its face after about 5.3k...thats what you should expect, a non vtec, single cam honda with probably 100k+ miles. I usually only wrap it out to 6.2k in first, so the revs can drop to around 4.5k in 2nd which is in the powerband. 2nd through 5th is no higher than 5.5k.

AccordEpicenter
07-10-2007, 01:55 PM
when i was NA it peaked about 5500 and was shifted at 6500. Ive never seen or heard of a chipped PJO before so id be really interested to see what that guy did to your ecu

B18Civic
07-10-2007, 07:16 PM
pop the top off your ecu and take a pic. i dont know much about yalls ecus but i had my obd-1 ecu chipped. i keep my ecu in the floorboard because im too lazy to mount it. any way sometimes it would get hit and throw a code. when it would do this it seemed like the motor would bog down real bad and it wouldnt rev over about 4.5k rpms. also when it would hit the limiter it would bounce very slow. the problem that was happening was that the chip was coming loose. i just pushed it back in and away i went. from the information above about not being able to chip your ecu i would be interested to see how he did it, and if he did try pushing the chip in.

3rdgenhatchDX
07-10-2007, 07:30 PM
pop the top off your ecu and take a pic. i dont know much about yalls ecus but i had my obd-1 ecu chipped. i keep my ecu in the floorboard because im too lazy to mount it. any way sometimes it would get hit and throw a code. when it would do this it seemed like the motor would bog down real bad and it wouldnt rev over about 4.5k rpms. also when it would hit the limiter it would bounce very slow. the problem that was happening was that the chip was coming loose. i just pushed it back in and away i went. from the information above about not being able to chip your ecu i would be interested to see how he did it, and if he did try pushing the chip in.

That my friend is gimp mode... it get's you home :)

B18Civic
07-10-2007, 07:40 PM
to me, it sounds like that is his problem.

AccordEpicenter
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah but you cant just add an eprom like you can do on obd1 ecus, there is no spot for it, and the programming for the engine computer is onboard the processor which is also different from obd1 ecus. I would substitute a known good ecu and shitcan the "chipped" unit

mike10562004
07-25-2007, 04:42 AM
i did i got a newer ecu same thing i havent never seen over 5.2k at 5.2k it sounds like its fixen to blow up i have 30 lb injectors so i might need a bigger fuel pump idk what else could cause it to not rev over 5.2k?