PDA

View Full Version : idle wtf???

beerrrat
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
ok well im so stumped any help would be great!! so here is the problem car idles high when not moving, when im driving the car i can put in neutral let off the clutch and it idle fine at jus above 1000 when i come to a complet stop idle goes up to 1500 and sits there. when i got this car had a lumpy idle, new water pump and a bleed fixed that ran beautiful for a few days then this idle problem started.?????

i have blead and re-blead the system a few times cause the lumpy idle comes back every once in a while, goes away after bleeding evry time, but will come back after a day or 2???

Oldblueaccord
07-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Well make sure the throttle cable is adjusted correctly.It should have some slack at idle. The throttle blades need to be almost closed. Look for vacuum leaks thats the main reason fo high idle. A vacuum line maybe broke or slipped off.

wp

beerrrat
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM
yea throtle cable was frist thing i looked at. what is the best way to check for vacume leaks?

coope
07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
clean ur air idle control valve i did it mine ran fine and make sure theres enough coolant

Oldblueaccord
07-11-2007, 06:15 AM
You can clean the butterfly inside the throttle body as well with carb cleaner.

Vacuum leaks use some kinda spray like wd40 or carb cleaner and spray on the area where you think the leak could be you will notcie a change in your idle if you hit a leak spot.

Have you checked the ECU for a code?

wp

beerrrat
07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
i haven't look at the ecu the warning light opperats properly and has not come on so have had no reason to think thats was the problem but i will check it out. ty.

also the car will idle perfectly if the a/c is on, when the a/c is turn off it goes back up to 1200 -1400 rpm usally at just under 1200 when crusing in neutral, goes up to 1400 when stoped, a/c on will idle just under 1000rpm under any idle condition????