PDA

View Full Version : Braking noises...damn those nice 17"s....

alanizgod
07-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Well since I put those on they've been making some kind of noise every time I hit the brakes and it's annoying. It didn't do that when I had the stock ones on so I'm assuming it has to do with the bigger tires and all. I don't know what I can change out to cease that stupid noise...anyone has/had this problem?

ghettogeddy
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Well since I put those on they've been making some kind of noise every time I hit the brakes and it's annoying. It didn't do that when I had the stock ones on so I'm assuming it has to do with the bigger tires and all. I don't know what I can change out to cease that stupid noise...anyone has/had this problem?
whats it sound like and are the pads in ok shape

Strugglebucket
07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
do you live out in the stix? gravel roads? if your brakes get dust in them they'll make noise. aftermarket wheels tend to expose your brakes more than stock wheels.

alanizgod
07-15-2007, 03:26 PM
whats it sound like and are the pads in ok shape

It sounds kind of like the brake lines are stretching more than they should or they're struggling to do so. It's kind of hard to describe but it sounds like something like that...

alanizgod
07-15-2007, 03:27 PM
do you live out in the stix? gravel roads? if your brakes get dust in them they'll make noise. aftermarket wheels tend to expose your brakes more than stock wheels.

Nah nothing but road.