PDA

View Full Version : power folding mirror wiring

AccordB20A
07-13-2007, 04:11 PM
im gunna ask before i blow somewthing up. i dont suppose anyone knows where all the wires go for power folding mirrors. i have the mirrors, box and switch and just needa know where the wires go. the control box has 5 wires coming out of it. red/blue, black, blue/yellow, white/blue, and a red one. its mainly the box that i neeed to know where the wires go as the switch is pretty logical on which wires are from the button (non power fold switch is missing 2 wires)

any help would be apriciated:):)

cheers in advance

mykwikcoupe
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
its basically a game of connect the dots. take the switches and swap them. connect color to color the relay from the wtich and I think the blue/white tees off and runs to the mirrors. Never actually done it yet but ive got 2 sets and waiting to be installed. I looked at it for a while one day and came up with this. It was over 2 years ago so my memory may have faded

AccordB20A
07-13-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah i sorted it after a while. red and red/white go to the + and - on the mirrors. the white and blue goes to +12dc, blue/yellow wire is to go to the switch. it activates the mirrors with +12v and black is ground. they work mint!

Steve_Si
07-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok I got two questions for u then

Is it hard to do?

Where is the control box normally located?

The EXL-S around the corner has folding mirrors and it's silver :) And the guy wants like nothing for the parts, i'll probably get the lot for $20.

A18A
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
the box thingy is behind the passenger door panel, closer to the dash, thats about as much as i know lopl

AccordB20A
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
lol yep. do what i did and mount the box in its normal place, steal power from the electric window circuit and run a new wire to the switch. also a good idea if your not using your front speaker cables into your doors is to join the left and right behind the headuni and connect the right side door mirror to the speaker wires and connect the speaker wires on the other door to the two red wires on the control box with the other mirror. its sick. easy but takes around an hour or more if your unexperienced with removing door panels and wiring stuff.

Steve_Si
07-14-2007, 05:31 PM
lol yep. do what i did and mount the box in its normal place, steal power from the electric window circuit and run a new wire to the switch. also a good idea if your not using your front speaker cables into your doors is to join the left and right behind the headuni and connect the right side door mirror to the speaker wires and connect the speaker wires on the other door to the two red wires on the control box with the other mirror. its sick. easy but takes around an hour or more if your unexperienced with removing door panels and wiring stuff.

I'll add it to my list of things to do :D

AccordB20A
07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
http://accord.wohdog.sytes.net/Pictures/powermirrors.Asp

carotman
07-16-2007, 05:00 AM
I have the wiring diagram somewhere. I'll look for it later today :D

For the control relay, I guess it would go where the power window control is on LHD car. You would beed to put it on the right hand side on LHD cars.

Civic Accord Honda
07-16-2007, 07:27 PM
sweet i want some power folding mirrors

AccordB20A
08-05-2007, 04:25 AM
and a18a gets the howto lol good stuff. as long as he didnt gather the info and make that pic from my info :O

A18A
08-05-2007, 04:46 AM
i actually just done tested it myself :)

lostforawhile
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
ok so the color codes for the usdm switch are different then the jdm switch? so i can just remove the extra wire and pin from the jdm switch and put it in the empty slot in the correct position,and everything should work?