PDA

View Full Version : Clear Hoods for our 3geez

Twisted 87lxi
09-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Yup, found em and this is legit. These are actual acrylic hoods (the high quality original clear hoods), they are $650 for clear and an extra $150 if you want it tinted a certain color. Anyone that is interested just say so.. and the ARE for our cars, this isn't any fake ass deal, these are designed for our cars and WILL 100% guaranteed fit without any additional hardware, etc.. Not to mention that these hoods are UV Protected so they wont warp, fade or crack

Sorry for making this sound like an advertisement, just in case anyone wants one.

Zwaag
09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
well, where can I get one

Jdub07
09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
link?:wave:

Twisted 87lxi
09-12-2002, 01:05 PM
ahem...from me, I'm talking to a guy that can make them for our cars and is willing to mass produce them for us, so if you want one just email me or visa versa. Sorry if I sound like a bitch for this but it's the only way I know of on how to get one for our cars.

Jdub07
09-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Sounds cool but not my thing. I was just wondering what it would look like.

Twisted 87lxi
09-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Like this (not 3g): Here (http://www.trucknvans.com/shop/media/clearhood.jpg)

Jdub07
09-12-2002, 01:12 PM
I like it! still not my bag of peanuts but still looks tight. I think it really depends on the car its put on. I can see A-LOT of people thinkin its :rice: I think I like it because I haven't seen it before its different

Site
09-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Are these Eurohood brand? Check out a link to them here:
http://www.cashershighperformance.com/eurohood/

And here's a pic:
http://www.cashershighperformance.com/eurohood/images/CAR_clear.jpg

These look so freaking cool, but they weight same or more as stock hood. I, personally, would rather go carbon fiber.

Twisted 87lxi
09-12-2002, 01:18 PM
No, they aren't Eurohoods, but they are the same exact thing, only for OUR cars.

88ACCORDLXFaSho
09-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Is this the same guy thats gonna do the clear tail lights?

89cordlx
09-12-2002, 01:40 PM
I suggest you get one first, and then take pics.

down2earth
09-12-2002, 02:13 PM
i like i really like but ummm now they guy next to me at the track can see exactly what i have kinda lets him know what to expect form my 3g dont u think??? well n way great product but kills the element of suprise!!!

89AccordNate
09-12-2002, 02:48 PM
See it when I believe it! And oh yea.....REDUCE YOUR SIGNATURE. There was more scrolling through your signature then there was scrolling through posts!

Nate.

2Fast_Fiero
09-12-2002, 02:58 PM
That hood thats on the eclipse is a Sho'um Acrylic Hood. www.sho-um.com makes them.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-12-2002, 03:01 PM
I love ads!!!
http://www.sho-um.com/images-supporting/car+heather.jpg

2Fast_Fiero
09-12-2002, 03:15 PM
lol, you should se thier add in the Super Street Mag, its a full page of that chic holding her tits and that eclipse

toastyghost
09-12-2002, 05:15 PM
OMFG FAKCING CREEPEY
I was just going to post some shit about that... then I saw this thread. I WANT ONE

Coitis1
09-12-2002, 05:51 PM
looks like an invitation for someone to jack yo junk. out of sight, out of mind!!!

sanjay
09-13-2002, 01:42 AM
yeah man, isn;'t that a little dangerous when you're out n shit..
people know exactly what mods you've got under the hood :S

shepherd79
09-13-2002, 04:37 AM
is this hood even legal? i don't think you can pass inspection because of safety issues.
they are nice. i wish i could afford one. there is one thing, your engine should look like it was new or even better.

chronicsinners
09-13-2002, 06:14 AM
if you like it, take some incentive and buy it, personally id rather have a CF one

Twisted 87lxi
09-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Nate: If you don't think that I can supply em then why would I even bother saying I could, and NO i'm NOT going to reduce my sig, you should really stop whining about stupid crap.

88LxFaSho: No, this is someone else, I'm still working w/ the guy to get them right, he brought me a pair that looked like absolute crap a few weeks back and he's now working on a new set that he claims will look the way I asked and will fit right.

Down2Earth: These hoods are usually used for show, but some people use them when racing. But if your really worried about what the other guy knows about your car insead of knowing that you can beat him then you shouldn't bother getting one.

ToastyGhost: If your really interested in getting one please email me, I'd be more than glad to get one for you.

Coitis1: This is why you use hood locks and plus you don't have to worry about these because they're high impact resistant, so it would take a lot of noise and force to break into one of these suckers. By the time they get through you could be at your car with a double sun at their dome if ya know what I mean.

shepherd79: These hoods are most likely street legal, after all they are the same quality, design, and material that both Eurohood and Sho-um use. I only saw where Sho-um stated that they are for show cars and not INTENDED for street use, neither said anything about whether or not they are street legal. Plus I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, I'm sure a cop would give you props for having such a tight hood than be a bitch and give you a ticket for it. But if your really worried about it i'd go ask one of those two companies and see what they say because whatever they say applies to these hoods as well.

YK86
09-13-2002, 05:06 PM
It would be nice for show but I don't know about everyday use. Also, if someone liked what they saw under the hood, they will more than likely steal the whole car first. BTW, your sig is too long. We had a post a while back asking people to reduce their sigs containing huge pics and long list of mods.

toastyghost
09-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by down2earth
i like i really like but ummm now they guy next to me at the track can see exactly what i have kinda lets him know what to expect form my 3g dont u think??? well n way great product but kills the element of suprise!!!

That comes with the territory, obviously. I mean if someone has their car riced out enough to incorporate a see-through hood into their visual design, chances are "sleeper" isn't exactly what they're going for. :D

Neuspeed87lx
09-16-2002, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Twisted 87lxi
I'm sure a cop would give you props for having such a tight hood than be a bitch and give you a ticket for it.

ya right ;)

Low Tek
10-04-2002, 11:59 PM
damn thats an idea... but I have to agree - thinkin the carbon fiber would be better for light weight, but on the other hand clear with a color tint would be very intimadating (sp)

damn decisions...lol

jigga225
10-05-2002, 03:18 PM
my damn engine is too dirty

87AccordsterLx
10-05-2002, 10:48 PM
umm... anyone think of how damn hard it will be to keep that thing clean??? one week later and you have a frosty looking scratched brown hood... I've seen these clear hoods in person and they are all discolored... and no its not UV discoloration... even if they could be cleaned and returned to normal... umm.. would you want to sit there and clean your hood everyday so when you went out it would look clear??? ... not practical...

Twisted 87lxi
10-06-2002, 07:33 PM
Please explain to me why it would be either frosted OR brown....

3G Jester
10-08-2002, 08:27 PM
hahahahha i agree with jiga----ud have to clean ur damn engine..and the hood every damn day.....more then that.....just so it doesnt look like shit....and scratches would show pretty bad...like on a CD ......... not deep but ud notice it more i think.......

i dunnno...on a 3g?!?!?! id have to see it first.....dont sound to nice....... but whatever floats ur boat i guess.... i thik it only looks good on TOTALY rigged engines like that one pic--with all the blue. the wires, tubes, everything clean and uniform.....

mmm either that or like old scchool carss or trucks with sinple big beefy engines...... now if u had a vtech or a big ol 6 cylander (impossible i know) swap THAT would be perfect reason to have a clear hood for total intimidation....

why not have a clear car? show off all ur mods