PDA

View Full Version : wire to battery thru firewall

88accordSF
07-15-2007, 09:43 AM
where is the best location to run a positive wire lead thru the firewall on an LX, directly to the battery from the cabin?

for some reason, my battery positive lead on the stock stereo harness doesn't get power at all... but i do get full voltage on the ACCESSORY wire when the ignition is on... fuses are all OK under the left driver's side flip-down fuse box

in the middle of installing a Kenwood stereo & Apline speakers... and looking for the safest way to wire a hot lead to the battery....

----jackass

ghettogeddy
07-15-2007, 09:45 AM
where is the best location to run a positive wire lead thru the firewall on an LX, directly to the battery from the cabin?
for some reason, my battery positive lead on the stock stereo harness doesn't get power at all... but i do get full voltage on the ACCESSORY wire when the ignition is on... fuses are all OK under the left driver's side flip-down fuse box
in the middle of installing a Kenwood stereo... and looking for the safest way to wire a hot lead to the battery....
----jackass
right behind the carb there should be a little plug i ran my alarm wires through it should come out right above the pedals

88accordSF
07-15-2007, 09:45 AM
DAMN that was a fast response

ghettogeddy
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
DAMN that was a fast response
ya i know

LX-incredible
07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
There is a rubber plug to the left of where the throttle wires come through. That's where I run my extra wires.

Legend_master
07-15-2007, 10:32 AM
There is a rubber plug to the left of where the throttle wires come through. That's where I run my extra wires.

Thats what I was going suggest :thumbup: .

MessyHonda
07-15-2007, 05:07 PM
yup that lil rubber grommet is big enough to run a 4 guage amp wire for it....

lx-i coupe
07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
thats were i ran mine in the sedan. the coupe i had the fender off anyway so i ran my 10 for my stereo and 8ga for my speaker amp through the factory harness and my 4ga for my sub amp through another hole below it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Kyur4_TH_Ich/coupe/passfndr.jpg

this where it comes out inside the car

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Kyur4_TH_Ich/coupe/passftwll2.jpg

ghettogeddy
07-16-2007, 06:27 PM
i personally would never run anythign that big along side the factory harness to much interference from the unshielded 12v amp cable

coope
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
if it's small enough run it to the fuse box u'll get power as long as it's not an amp