PDA

View Full Version : Alarm randomly going off

stat1K
07-15-2007, 02:09 PM
hey guys i installed my alarm and soldered all conections and such except for a couple. but for some reason when i'm driving the alarm will arm and flash my lights then it will be fine for a while. sometimes it will just go off. but once it does arm it's in like retard mode and wont make noise. i'm lost and have read everything i can. anyone ever have this problem?

thing's i've checked:

door trigger connection
main power
hatch wire
shock sensor

anymore input would be great. i know someone has to know what is wrong with it.

LX-incredible
07-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Does it have a setting where it will arm automatically after a few minutes? If it does, I'm sure that a wire needs to be run from the ignition switch that disables it in both I and II.

lamontlamont
07-15-2007, 03:04 PM
sounds like you have a malfunctioning alarm. A typical alarm should not arm when the car is on. My alarm senses the car is on because the acc is hot. WHen it senses the car is on it will not trigger. the fact that it goes on but doesn't make a sound makes me think it is a bad alarm. ALso, check that the harness is p ushed all the way into the alarm brain.

stat1K
07-15-2007, 06:53 PM
hmm i'll check that angus. my guess is probably bad brain though as i have tried fuckin everything. but i'll look again... anyone else have anymore input.

Hazwan
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Does it have a setting where it will arm automatically after a few minutes? If it does, I'm sure that a wire needs to be run from the ignition switch that disables it in both I and II.

Yeah did you hook up the ACC or IGN wire from the brain?

stat1K
07-15-2007, 09:48 PM
hmm now i'm not so sure. i'll check tomorrow or tuesday. thanks again guys!

LX-incredible
07-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Did you find the problem?

hondatech
09-22-2007, 01:14 PM
i put a switch on mine so i can shut it on and off it is hidden in the glove box

ghettogeddy
09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
well my alram has a mode were when u dis aram if u dont open the dorr within like say 3 mins it re arms and when u un arm and strat ti will lock the doors right after its by passable just read the mani about it

KWoodRacer
03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
This sounds like one of those $50 alarms. No offense btw. I have seen this problem a lot. Most people who buy the cheaper alarm, the more problems they have with it. I would take your alarm out and maybe upgrade to a Viper. They are the most value with a 2 way remote with auto start you can get for about $300-500