PDA

View Full Version : Flang swap

Rendon LX-i
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I was thinking maybe just buying a turbo manifold and just take it in and have them weld a a20 flang on to dat turbo manifold....I had a friend who said dat was possible dat fucker turbos anything lol... what u guys think..let me know

Legend_master
07-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I was thinking maybe just buying a turbo manifold and just take it in and have them weld a a20 flang on to dat turbo manifold....I had a friend who said dat was possible dat fucker turbos anything lol... what u guys think..let me know

You would have to find a car the has a similar exhaust setup. most cars look like this (0 0 0 0). Our exhaust ports look like this (0 00 0) , I think the f22 has a similar setup, but I am not sure. I would just spend the money to have a custom ram horn made, but what you are thinking is definitely doable.

P.S. It took a couple looks at the thread title to figure out what you were asking. You forgot the E at the end of the word. I even search for what a flang was :lol: .

AccordEpicenter
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
nahh you need to go complete custom on this, nothing else is gonna work

2drSE-i
07-16-2007, 12:04 PM
ya if u try just swapping flanges your likely to blow a shitty weld, and it wont flow very well anyway.

Zufer
07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
if you could find a manifold with a similar spacing this would be a great idea. Now that being said i don't know that there is anything that will work.

And 2drSE-i why would he be more likely to break a weld..... as long as the welding is done well it would be just like a custom built manifold. Also why wouldn't it flow very well? it would still be a turbo manifold and it could still be port matched?

2drSE-i
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
because what he said was just to cut the flange off of an existing turbo manifold and weld a new flange on. it would have unneccessary, messy bends. and popping a weld would just be shitty welding, which is just as risky when running a custom made one, so i guess ill just be quiet about that.

Rendon LX-i
07-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah true...IM just going to have justin make me one...I was a good topic thou lol

AccordEpicenter
07-16-2007, 06:18 PM
trust me, ive considered the same shit many times. Only thing you could do easily is a sinktrap manifold. Then all you do is do a small up pipe from the stock exhaust manifold to the turbo. Ive seen it done but it would be an absolute bitch to pull off with that front beam there.

Zufer
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
i still fail to see why there would be messy bends? It seems to me if the port spacing was quite close to ours the bends would not change much at all and thus not be messy or flow wierd. I do however understand that finding this spacing is probably not goin to happen. however if the spacing was available this would be a great way to go a ram horn style manifold.