PDA

View Full Version : air suspension

ghettogeddy
07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
just air bag it has full plug and play air suspension kits ofr our car for a little under $2500
i saw then while looking for a kit for my 95 gmc sierra ext cab but there only like $1595 lol
http://airbagit-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=100882

EX-ileAccord
07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
I've wanted to put bags in my car for years, still want to. If I can ever get the money saved up, I'm getting air struts. I should probly get the car back on the road first tho lol

Legend_master
07-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I've wanted to put bags in my car for years, still want to. If I can ever get the money saved up, I'm getting air struts. I should probly get the car back on the road first tho lol

Listen guys I have had bags and they suck. I only recommend them for show vehicles, or if you spend ALOT(at least 4K) on the whole system. If you really wanted something hydraulics would be a much better choice. You will get leaks, the valves go out, the lines get messed up, the tank has to be charged, ETC.... They are more of a headache then anything else.

2drSE-i
07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
LMAO antares i like the search box in your sig

cubert
07-18-2007, 03:49 AM
ive only heard bad things about that company...

2oodoor
07-18-2007, 05:01 AM
Listen guys I have had bags and they suck. I only recommend them for show vehicles, or if you spend ALOT(at least 4K) on the whole system. If you really wanted something hydraulics would be a much better choice. You will get leaks, the valves go out, the lines get messed up, the tank has to be charged, ETC.... They are more of a headache then anything else.
true, the installations have to be done professionally, very careful attention to routing, mounting, stress relieved connections etc. Also the hardware has to be top shelf quailty, there are a lot of clones now.
Hey Legendmaster do you know about the air struts and how they hold up and ride etc??? I have never heard much on those and see them for sale a lot locally.

Gheddy if you are thinking about butchering your 1500, think again....the only way to go with those is channeling, c-knotching and cutting out half your bed floor, then it aint a truck no more. You have to go all out or none with those to be anything worth having. If you want a 1500 with bags, buy one already done and save yourself a bunch of trouble and time cause you will want to resell it anyway, everybody I know that has done this will testify..good luck.

Legend_master
07-18-2007, 09:18 AM
true, the installations have to be done professionally, very careful attention to routing, mounting, stress relieved connections etc. Also the hardware has to be top shelf quailty, there are a lot of clones now.
Hey Legendmaster do you know about the air struts and how they hold up and ride etc??? I have never heard much on those and see them for sale a lot locally.
Gheddy if you are thinking about butchering your 1500, think again....the only way to go with those is channeling, c-knotching and cutting out half your bed floor, then it aint a truck no more. You have to go all out or none with those to be anything worth having. If you want a 1500 with bags, buy one already done and save yourself a bunch of trouble and time cause you will want to resell it anyway, everybody I know that has done this will testify..good luck.

Actually yes I have heard of them. I had them on the front of my legend and bags in the rear. I had to replace the front air struts 3 time, because every time I hit a bump it would brake the seal that goes around the strut rod. I'm telling you guys air ride is purely a toy and should never be put on anything you want to drive around a lot. Oh and they rode alright, but I ahd to jack them all the way up to ride around or they would let the bodykit hit the ground.