PDA

View Full Version : Water Leaking inside

bowtie
07-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I have a water leak on the right front side. Got the carpet out and dry and I can see the water running, dripping, when I run water below the rt lower side of the windshield. I just can't get my big hands/body turned around to look way up in there, so I thought I'd ask if this is seen much on the 87 accords. I'm new to these hondas so I thought I'd ask the experts.

blh1983
07-20-2007, 05:39 PM
By no means am I an expert. But I do know from reading various threads on this site that it is 1 of 2 things. Either you have a clogged drainage hose on your heatercore, or your heatercore altogether needs to be replaced. If it needs replaced you'll save a bunch of money doing it yourself, but get prepared to spend 1-2 days doing it yourself if you've never done it. My car currently has this same problem, and I need to stop ignoring it and fix it before it causes extensive damage. I hope this is helpful!
I have a water leak on the right front side. Got the carpet out and dry and I can see the water running, dripping, when I run water below the rt lower side of the windshield. I just can't get my big hands/body turned around to look way up in there, so I thought I'd ask if this is seen much on the 87 accords. I'm new to these hondas so I thought I'd ask the experts.

HondaBoy
07-20-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah, fairly common one ones that havent been garage kept. mine leaks from the back window thanks to a shitty installation and thats about it. i'm probably going to take the glass out and reset it in there and fix the rust forming around it. you're car wouldnt happen to have a sunroof would it?

blh1983
07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
It looks like I may have misread this. But your windshield may need to be removed and then reinstalled by a glass expert. If a do it your selfer did it then that's why you have a problem. There are certain things that should be left to professionals. Sorry for misreading your problem.

88Accord-DX
07-20-2007, 05:47 PM
What I noticed from the same thing on OTHER vehicles, is the cowl up under the window has either pulled out some, or the bead has broken between it & the front windshield. I use 3M weatherstrip adhesive to seal a broken bead, or reset the cowl under the window & the bead it with adhesive.

This problem causes water to run between the cowl & run down into the blower motor.

lostforawhile
07-20-2007, 05:54 PM
i have this same problem,it's the door seal attached to the door. i discovered it while it was on ramps and it rained. what happened was normally the water off the roof runs into the channel on the side of the windshield, then down between the fender and door,and out the bottom, well when the car was on ramps and tilted backwards,the water ran against the door seal,and leaked past it,running under the carpet and collecting in the rear floor pan area. since i was planning on replacing the carpet anyway,i just ripped it out and trashed it,then dried the floor. i am checking on a price on these seals from partstrain.com, they are out of stock for a couple of weeks,and when they come back in,i will get a price. you can also get these seals from majestic honda for around 50 bucks a pop. i figured out it was the seals,because the inside of the seal edge was wet,where it wasn't supposed to be. the seal gets crimped near the front of the door frame,near the dashboard,when it gets old it quits sealing right.

88Accord-DX
07-20-2007, 06:00 PM
nm.