PDA

View Full Version : Shawn from Toronto

wasgivenanaccord
07-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone
I stumbled upon an 89 Accord EX-i - auto, white with 197k kms on the clock, early last week and came across this site while looking for info on it. This is my first Accord / Honda / 4-cylinder car too (my last 3 were V6 Chevy's) so I suppose it is a whole new universe in many ways...
Oh yes - I work in a garage for the summer, have done some front-end work on this car before, so it's got a mostly new suspension and brakes; the problem is that it's a "problem car" - was stored for some time, and the last owner poured about $2500 fixing various things... the current issues are leaky injectors (going to be under control - I've got a set but haven't put them in yet), maintenance stuff (oil, tranny fluid, tune-up) and a coolant leak (i know where more or less, just am having nightmares trying to access it).
The car is not on the road yet - maybe in the next week -i've added a couple of pics.
http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/2884/photo0063oz6.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6269/photo0064eh3.jpg

forrest89sei
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Clean Looking Accord

:welcome:

A18A
07-22-2007, 12:52 PM
wow clean, welcome also

Pico
07-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Nice White 3G

LX-incredible
07-22-2007, 01:38 PM
the problem is that it's a "problem car" - was stored for some time, and the last owner poured about $2500 fixing various things... the current issues are leaky injectors (going to be under control - I've got a set but haven't put them in yet), maintenance stuff (oil, tranny fluid, tune-up) and a coolant leak (i know where more or less, just am having nightmares trying to access it).
:welcome: It's good to see someone doing things right. Once you put some money into these, they will run for a long time. If any boots are torn, they need to be replaced now, or the components that they protect will. In my experience, the only "problem car", is one where a novice starts replacing suspected parts, without the proper diagnosis.

Civic Accord Honda
07-22-2007, 01:49 PM
very nice car :thumbup: :welcome:

ghettogeddy
07-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Nice White 3G
x2 enjoy the vast knowledge that is 3geez

wasgivenanaccord
07-22-2007, 05:39 PM
x2 enjoy the vast knowledge that is 3geez

Thanks - there is an answer to virtually every question I could think up so far, and then some... I want to keep the car relatively stock looking with the possible exception of a stereo that can do mp3's... The car is going to be my daily driver so I just want something reliable and well-behaved.