PDA

View Full Version : air bubbles in cooling system

Mantis88LX
09-12-2002, 05:01 PM
how do i know if i got air bubbles in my cooling system, i bleed it and im still parinoiid about it.

also when u bleed it, u have the car running and the radiator cap on , u turn the bleed crew till some coolant leaks out then u tightin it back , right?

AZmike
09-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Just to be sure that you've got all of it, be sure that the car is warmed up (thermostat open) and put the heater setting on high to be sure no air is trapped in the heater core. Everything else you said was correct.

anchovies
09-12-2002, 09:29 PM
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5837
Just follow my instructions there. Radiator cap off when you start the car, til it warms up then top off the coolant and close the cap.

ACCORD EX
09-13-2002, 10:18 AM
this also can be used as flushing your system !
turn on the car untill fully heated ! cap on !
turn off the car , gently using a piece of cloth open the radiator cap ! do it very slowly so it want go into your fac just turn it slowly until the pressure decreases ! then make some one start the car ! , get a 12 mm wrench and unscrew the bleed bolt ( water will come out of it ! , using a garden hose ( fresh water ) keep filling the radiator ! and water will be coming out of the bolt ! keep on filling till the water comes clear out of the bolt ( BTW pressing gas will increase the flow !)
after the water is all cleared up get a 4 liter coolant and start filling the coolant instead of fresh water till the bottle finishes ! before finishing , put the bolt back on and tighten it ! press gas several times and fill the radiator to the top , close cap , turn the engine off !

NOTES :
YOU NEED TO COVER THE DISTRIBUTER , STARTER & IGNITER WITH SOMETHING SO THE WATER WON'T MESS IT ! PLASTIC BAGS CAN BE USED !

hope this helps ! MIKE