PDA

View Full Version : Wired Electrical Problem

JGBaugh
07-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Ok so here is the situation, first while I am driving and then hit the breaks my door ajar and my seat belt warning lights come on accompanied by the buzzer. Also if at a complete stop and hitting the breaks the same thing but the seat belt and buzzer don't last as long and is kinda intermittent. When I use the horn, the horn does not come on but the door ajar light comes on only. the car was wreaked on the driver side in a ditch (bad scrapes up the side) and the front bumper was replaced with the blinkers and the fog lights where unplugged and removed (broken due to wreak). the person I purchased the car from had under lights and the driver side one was ripped out during crash but they were hard wired to the battery. I have had this in the shop and after a few hours they still don't know what is wrong. the hole steering wheel is new. The shop did say that when they unplug the horn in the steering column that the lights do not come on, but that doesn't fix the horn problem. any ideas would help thank you.

2oodoor
07-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Check the main ground wire from the harness to the front lights. Also add a ground from the battery to the radiator support