PDA

View Full Version : What is this hose?

ahmad89
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I need your help once again people, what is this broken vacline? Russian told me that could be the reason why my a/c is idle boost is messed up, so i need to know what is it,
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/ahmadr34/brokenhose.jpg
Its behind the carb towards the firewall and its under those 3 very short vaclines that run from the carb to the hardlines. Its almost impossible to replace but i think i can change it if i remove some things but i need to what it is and if it will effect my a/c idle boost. Thanks in advance

ahmad89
07-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone know anything about that hose?

1ajs
07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
awww why not fix it.......

ahmad89
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
awww why not fix it.......
dz, talk in the chat room, cant say anything on here anymore.

sb_hbackDX
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Ah memories from when I had that emissions crap...
Its kinda hard to tell from that picture and don't quote me on this but...it looks like the vacuum line used for air bleeding the carbies jets due to vacuum flocculation's and other various emissions crap. I believe it leads to other lines which ends at a black cylindrical object(Jet air corrector?) with three vac hoses coming from it (Lines A,B,C...it also has a nut located behind it which can be adjusted for leaning the mixture by increasing air in the lines), this is located near your ignition coil. Either way you should defiantly replace that line. A better prognosis can be attained with better pictures...:)
Well any leak in the vacuum lines can cause numerous other problems in the system including the a/c idle boost but they not directly connected...theres a vacuum diaphragm(kinda looks like a upside down UFO:bong: ) on the left side of your carby which, if you notice, is connected to secondary throttle shaft I believe via small rod...it also has a vacuum hose leading from it...now thats your a/c idle boost module. Just double check all the lines to make sure. Adios!

ahmad89
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Ah memories from when I had that emissions crap...
Its kinda hard to tell from that picture and don't quote me on this but...it looks like the vacuum line used for air bleeding the carbies jets due to vacuum flocculation's and other various emissions crap. I believe it leads to other lines which ends at a black cylindrical object(Jet air corrector?) with three vac hoses coming from it (Lines A,B,C...it also has a nut located behind it which can be adjusted for leaning the mixture by increasing air in the lines), this is located near your ignition coil. Either way you should defiantly replace that line. A better prognosis can be attained with better pictures...:)
Well any leak in the vacuum lines can cause numerous other problems in the system including the a/c idle boost but they not directly connected...theres a vacuum diaphragm(kinda looks like a upside down UFO:bong: ) on the left side of your carby which, if you notice, is connected to secondary throttle shaft I believe via small rod...it also has a vacuum hose leading from it...now thats your a/c idle boost module. Just double check all the lines to make sure. Adios!
finally, thank you very much i will check it out tomorrow.

ahmad89
07-26-2007, 12:48 PM
well today i took off the air box and i found the number of that hose, its number 7 and right next to it towards the passenger side is hose number 3 or line whatever. What does vacline number 7 do?

LX-incredible
07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
#7 has nothing to do with the AC boost. It between the manifold and vacuum switches B and C, in the black box. They send a signal to the ECU when the vacuum is below a certain level. I would fix it.

ahmad89
07-26-2007, 09:55 PM
#7 has nothing to do with the AC boost. It between the manifold and vacuum switches B and C, in the black box. They send a signal to the ECU when the vacuum is below a certain level. I would fix it.
im going to but its a major PITFA to pull it out especially since it hasnt been touched in over 17 years but i will figure out how to get a goo grip on it and stuff but first i need to buy that roll of vac line. Thanks for the help again.

labeledsk8r
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
of all the the things i miss from my 3gee that was one i dont miss at all, damn vac lines become such a head ache, most likely if you go threw it all when you fixthat you will find atleast 2 others that are starting to rip or get leaks, but good luck on that and be patient when working on vac lines or else you get really pissed off and brea more of them lol

ahmad89
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
of all the the things i miss from my 3gee that was one i dont miss at all, damn vac lines become such a head ache, most likely if you go threw it all when you fixthat you will find atleast 2 others that are starting to rip or get leaks, but good luck on that and be patient when working on vac lines or else you get really pissed off and brea more of them lol
yea im going to replace all my vaclines but i need to get that 50ft roll

xvok
08-08-2007, 09:18 AM
humm if it hasent aredy been done i would suggest just buying a male male connector and sticking it in there

2ndGenGuy
08-08-2007, 09:52 AM
yea im going to replace all my vaclines but i need to get that 50ft roll

You know if you replace all your lines, they won't be numbered anymore!! Remember, if you use the red silicon hose, you'll get better flow. Good for 20bhp.

2oodoor
08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
where you been, he is banned

since we are here, I would replace the hose, it is broke..use crooked neck long needlenose pleirs to get the old one off.:dunno:

A20A1
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45880

thats what #7 does.

Vacuum Switch B

LX-incredible
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Great diagrams, where'd you get them from?

2ndGenGuy
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
where you been, he is banned
since we are here, I would replace the hose, it is broke..use crooked neck long needlenose pleirs to get the old one off.:dunno:

Oh... I guess I don't venture out of the 1geez and 2geez world often enough... wtf happened?

2oodoor
08-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Oh... I guess I don't venture out of the 1geez and 2geez world often enough... wtf happened?
too much disrespect and foolishness, posted a bunch of highly offensive pics, Coupe got cut off too.