PDA

View Full Version : Finally removed AC....I'm stupid

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Well as the title says I finally figured I would go ahead and remove my ac since my compressor was shot anyway. Now my bay looks emptier..:) Can't want to get rid of all the emissoins crap on down the road and tuck all the wires! I might be stupid for removing my ac...in Georgia....but oh well. I can at least make it go faster...even if it only by one billionth of a sec!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-2-39.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-1-51.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-3-35.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-4-34.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-5-27.jpg

Pico
07-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Sweet :D
I did the same thing when I installed my engine, I also removed the a/c condensor too.

russiankid
07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks good. I would never remove my a/c i cant go without a/c for more than 10 minutes. Anyways looks like your making good progress and making it ready to tuck that turbo in.

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Sweet :D
I did the same thing when I installed my engine, I also removed the a/c condensor too.

^Condenser is gone as well, that is just a pic of my radiator, with the 1 inch gap between the rad and the hood/rad support. All of the lines are gone, and the inside ac parts were cleaned from the box and the plastic pieces were put back in so i still have a blower at least.

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Looks good. I would never remove my a/c i cant go without a/c for more than 10 minutes. Anyways looks like your making good progress and making it ready to tuck that turbo in.

^Thanks yup unfortunately i cant slap the turbo in till i rebuild the head at least, because there was too much of a discrepancy between my compression numbers.

Civic Accord Honda
07-24-2007, 11:38 AM
lol i did that too and you think your crazy but your not i am i live by death valley and some days it gets to 135F and i got no A/C :)

russiankid
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
^Thanks yup unfortunately i cant slap the turbo in till i rebuild the head at least, because there was too much of a discrepancy between my compression numbers.
Well why not rebuild the motor completely? Save up your money, slowly order parts and rebuild it. Get parts that can handle some boost, and have a strong running boosted motor:)

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Well why not rebuild the motor completely? Save up your money, slowly order parts and rebuild it. Get parts that can handle some boost, and have a strong running boosted motor:)

I have no job. I quit my old job, and now I'm looking for another job, then I'm going back to school this fall. I don't have money when I'm in school, so I'll probably be driving it for a while till I get done with college.

russiankid
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I have no job. I quit my old job, and now I'm looking for another job, then I'm going back to school this fall. I don't have money when I'm in school, so I'll probably be driving it for a while till I get done with college.
Yea well most successful and good engine builds take time. So you have plenty of time. Rushing it all to get it done won't help anything. I would take my time with an engine build if i ever do one.

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Yea well most successful and good engine builds take time. So you have plenty of time. Rushing it all to get it done won't help anything. I would take my time with an engine build if i ever do one.

Yup, unfortunately pieces and parts are so high. I wish I could get a good rebuild with all the internals needed for moderate boost without paying an arm and a leg, but in this world prices rise and everything costs more. I will probably rebuild, since I'm hoping to push this engine past 500,000 miles anyway. After that I will then probably think more about a full rebuild.

Toneloc5145
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm not going to lie, with a quick glance at those first two pictures, I did not even recognize that engine as being an A20. But good job. There's no way I could ever get rid of my A/C, not with the hot and humid climate of Virginia. I can imagine that it would be worse in both aspects in Georgia, so good luck!

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not going to lie, with a quick glance at those first two pictures, I did not even recognize that engine as being an A20. But good job. There's no way I could ever get rid of my A/C, not with the hot and humid climate of Virginia. I can imagine that it would be worse in both aspects in Georgia, so good luck!

^ Yup I have a toyota truck with ac...so that maybe what I drive next summer, still not sure. It's not the heat that kills but the humidity. Sometimes its terrible, plus all the damn smog.

88accordhb
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
you also forgot to remove the power steering for some good weight reduction....also the carpet, back seats, passenger seat, shift nob, speaker holders, door handle, driver seat, steering wheel, windshields and window wipers, glove compartment, wheels, breaks, transmission.

mushroom_toy
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
you also forgot to remove the power steering for some good weight reduction....also the carpet, back seats, passenger seat, shift nob, speaker holders, door handle, driver seat, steering wheel, windshields and window wipers, glove compartment, wheels, breaks, transmission.

Power steerings been gone as well as cruise.

frantik
07-24-2007, 03:36 PM

u forgot the driver.. duh

Civic Accord Honda
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
what is that instake made of

knarg
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
lol i did that too and you think your crazy but your not i am i live by death valley and some days it gets to 135F and i got no A/C :)
well, it's easier when you don't drive it :thumbup:

knarg
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM
u forgot the driver.. duh

my 3g is remote controlled

Civic Accord Honda
07-24-2007, 04:16 PM
well, it's easier when you don't drive it :thumbup:
lol but the car is still my famleys DD :)

MessyHonda
07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
no power sterring no ac....time to shave down that crank pully when you rebuild that engine.

mushroom_toy
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
what is that instake made of

^Regular short oiled filter and flexible heater hose. I used the hose because i can bend it around the auto cable and the brake lines, until I order the exhaust u bend.

mushroom_toy
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
no power sterring no ac....time to shave down that crank pully when you rebuild that engine.

That would be interesting lol, but rebuild probably wont be for a while.

EricW
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Did you remove the power steering cooling loop? Or did you just take that pic before you were finished?

Having no a/c isn't that bad as long as your not out in the middle of the day I've been doing it for a few years.

mushroom_toy
07-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Did you remove the power steering cooling loop? Or did you just take that pic before you were finished?
Having no a/c isn't that bad as long as your not out in the middle of the day I've been doing it for a few years.

I did the power steering removal a good while back, but I left the loop in there just ran the lines together. Figured I would at least leave that in case I want to put it back in, but I may rip it out later on anyway.