PDA

View Full Version : Throttle stuck!!!

leem
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey guys me again with yet another problem, Well i was driving today, and for some odd reason my throttle is stuck wide open. I turned the car off and on several times, and as soon as I turn the car on it revs all the way up to like 7.5.

I think it may be the throttle cable, I dont know what to look for on the carb to see if the throttle is stuck open or not. The pedal feels like its pushed in halfway when i depress it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A18A
07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
have you been working on the carb? mine done that once, it was cause i tightened the nuts holding the butterflies too tight, causing it 2 rub against the carb body & making it stick open, but dont make it loose or it would probably drop off and then bad things will happen

if i made no sense, excuse me as i suck at explaining things

A20A1
07-24-2007, 03:52 PM
you may have a weak throttle spring.

Also

You may have a burnt throttle cable that touched something hot on the motor, or it's lost all it's lubricant and it sticking
or you have something bending or pinching the cable causing it to stick.
or you may have something stuck in the carb itself or the linkages outside the carb are hitting something or your throttle controller is pushing on the throttle lever because of a vacuum leak or something is stuck in your pedal assembly.... or like mentioned above the nut on the throttle shaft is too tight. This usually happens after someone tries to completely clean and rebuild their carb or they did the mechanical secondary mod.

SZfiftyfour
07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
That happened to me the first time i tested my car after i put the weber on. I put an extra return spring on it, but i put it on backwards. When i got on it, the hook on the spring caught another part of the linkage and stuck the throttle wide open. It sucked, i feel your pain.

LX-incredible
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
My cable broke right where it enters the firewall. It was stuck at like 3000 RPM.

Civic Accord Honda
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
some time when we are driving around my throttle gets stuck at like 3.5k and u got keep puishing the pedel for it to go down and sometimes it wont lol my step dad sprayed some wd-40 on it it kinda helped but now its back to doing it again lol

A18A
07-24-2007, 09:21 PM
well, it is your car, couldnt expect any better :P

leem
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Thanx guys i fixed it, but unfortunatley tranny is gone, and will not go into gear or it goes in gear but car wont move, so tranny or clutch??? Either way Im done, its an 88 hatch with a decent motor that had around 60k when but in a year ago, stage 1 clutch which i think is gone or it may just be the tranny. car is red decent shape, for sale, dont have money to keep putting in this car. Best offer!!!

SZfiftyfour
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanx guys i fixed it, but unfortunatley tranny is gone, and will not go into gear or it goes in gear but car wont move, so tranny or clutch??? Either way Im done, its an 88 hatch with a decent motor that had around 60k when but in a year ago, stage 1 clutch which i think is gone or it may just be the tranny. car is red decent shape, for sale, dont have money to keep putting in this car. Best offer!!!
Does it start and run? Got pics?

leem
07-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah it fires up runs real good, needs a tranny and a good tune up, oil changed bout 1500 miles ago. runs like champ, pretty quick

A18A
07-25-2007, 05:16 PM
it might just be the clutch or maybe you busted a cv joint?

leem
07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
well i had to like ram it in gear it didnt want to go into gear any of them, and reverse was the worst, you could actually hear it grind. then on take off it was very shaky, then i was driving and on take off the clutch would slip bad, just rev once the clutch was let out, then it would catch, then i went to take off and it would just rev, but it was in gear. ?????????????? IDK MAN!

russiankid
07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Did you try adjusting the clutch?

leem
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah several times, before i drove it, then when it felt somewhat comfortable, it drove for like 5min then started to act up, i swear my 4 door 3gee i had in highschool never gave me these kind of problems just hoses and cv joints. lol damn and I was in the junk yard yesterday looking at an old prelude, with a 2 barrel carb, and I was gonna try to have it put on the accord with one of those 280 cams from delta or colt, to see how strong the a20 performs on mods, but i guess not now. lol damn!!!

leem
07-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Well if anyone is in the north florida area its up for grabs!!!!