PDA

View Full Version : headlights wont open or close

import racer
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
ok i just bought an 88 exi needs some work.the guy who had it before me hacked it up pretty good. for starters he lowered it on eibachs 2.5 incheswith stock shocks,the floors shot on driver's side the int is filthyand the headlights wont open or close.he said he changed the motors and that didn't help,ichecked the fuses under the hood nothing bad there,anybody have any suggestions,oh and what do i have to remove to get rid of cruise control.:wtf:

russiankid
07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Do any of the lights come on? If not possibly the control unit it toast. I would pull the combo switch and take the headlight switch apart for it. I wrote up a how to in the how to section. That could be problem, if not then you will know the switch is good and move on to the relay and the control unit which is under the seat i think.

import racer
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Do any of the lights come on? If not possibly the control unit it toast. I would pull the combo switch and take the headlight switch apart for it. I wrote up a how to in the how to section. That could be problem, if not then you will know the switch is good and move on to the relay and the control unit which is under the seat i think.
the headlights and parking lights all work.

Pico
07-24-2007, 06:31 PM
You may have a bad switch causing the pop-ups not to work. did you see if you can open them manually by turning the knobs under the hood.
To get rid of the cruise just unplug the unit under the hood and unbolt the cruise actuator

russiankid
07-24-2007, 06:33 PM
You may have a bad switch causing the pop-ups not to work. did you see if you can open them manually by turning the knobs under the hood.
To get rid of the cruise just unplug the unit under the hood and unbolt the cruise actuator
What he said then.

import racer
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
the lights open manually and what about the cable on the cruise, does it go to the pedal.

Pico
07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
the lights open manually and what about the cable on the cruise, does it go to the pedal.
two cable go to the pedal, one goes to the throttlebody and the other to the cruise control. you can leave it alone and just tuck it out of the way

A18A
07-24-2007, 06:39 PM
yeah probably a faulty switch, and yeah the cable goes to the pedal

pico beat me :)

Pico
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah probably a faulty switch, and yeah the cable goes to the pedal

pico beat me :)
:wave:

coope
07-24-2007, 07:00 PM
100% it's the switch same thing happen to me replaced the switch and it works new now

AccordB20A
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
yep i recon its the switch on the dash that makes the lights pop up (without the headlights) it might even be unplugged, i found that if you unplug the switch the headlight motors do not operate at all :)

A18A
07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
on my car without the switch they pop up, but wont go back down :P