PDA

View Full Version : '93 help

89RIDE
05-07-2002, 08:28 PM
My friend has a 1993 Honda Accord Se and he's been having electircal problems. It seems like it's revolving around his abs system and it effects everything electical in the car. It's like the car is not getting enough power(electrical). The altenator was checked and it's doing exactly what it should be. If anyone has any ideas or has heard anything about this I'd appreciate the help.

Scott

MoonScryer
05-08-2002, 04:44 AM
Simple: Dealership. If it's the ABS system, that is hell on those cars; it was made just about the time they actually started getting better, function wise. If you can't find a good actual ex-Honda mechanic, who knows that stuff, you can either disable it (I don't know how), or give his soul to the dealership to fix it

smufguy
05-08-2002, 08:23 PM
is the timing all right? is it missing any vaccum hoses (4g does have some vaccum lines) how is the battery? what do u mean by no electrical power? lights dim and radio craks and stuff liek that? does the ABS light on the dash come on? dealership would suck your wallet out for that, try a good mechanic like Moon said.