PDA

View Full Version : Drag Night?

mushroom_toy
07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm thinking about taking my 3gee to the track tomorrow night to do some runs. It's a friday night drag thing that goes on almost every friday at Commerce Dragway. If I take it I'm put my stock wheels back on I guess. How many people think I should take it? I mean I know its not gonna be god awful fast but, everything i've done so far should help a little.

russiankid
07-26-2007, 08:16 AM
I would just be careful with that mileage.

2oodoor
07-26-2007, 08:46 AM
I wouldnt do it, you dont want to scatter the block .....or do you.. lol

You can win at the strip if you can get consistant runs inside of about .75 of a second of what your car really runs. Example Your car may run a 18.80 but you dial in at 18.50 don't make a run faster than 18.50 and when they pair you up with somebody dont be slower than 19.25.. just basic guidelines , it does not necessarily play out like that everywhere.
You may want to make a couple of trips to the strip before you go into competion, so you know a good average figure your car runs on any given day. which is probably all you want anyway.
Oh and the figures above were for hypothetical use only:bowrofl:

imjdoggie
07-26-2007, 11:06 AM
DO IT and make sure you redline every gear! LOL jk yea like someone said earlier with those miles I would just go and watch. If you don't care if anything breaks then go for it I always remember the old saying you have to pay to play so be prepared for the worst.

ahmad89
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
i dont think one run would kill your car, it might hurt a lil bit but let it live!! its over 20 years old show people what 3geez are made of but only if you have spare parts, just incase.

mushroom_toy
07-26-2007, 11:24 AM
The sad but great thing is I give my car hell everyday...and it hasn't broke yet. XD I think I'm going to take it to the track...that way I can see what my times are before the tranny swap...damn auto!

imjdoggie
07-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Have fun man, and remember to leave on the second to last light.

ahmad89
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
May God be with you.....................................
ahahahahah, yea what he said. MAKE SURE YOU RECORD IT!! inside view and someone in the crowd recording you!

labeledsk8r
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
that is alot of miles.. but it should be fun, just dont be to shocked if something goes rong or get mad about your times, the 5 speed will take some time of just by itself when you get it

2oodoor
07-26-2007, 11:49 AM
forgot you had auto, I should bring mine up to commerce and line em up, show you what a weber will do for you... lol
Looks like I will be testing it out for real in about this time next month I will have the new oil pump and adj timing gear done. Im auto too.,

ahmad89
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
forgot you had auto, I should bring mine up to commerce and line em up, show you what a weber will do for you... lol
Looks like I will be testing it out for real in about this time next month I will have the new oil pump and adj timing gear done. Im auto too.,
i need a new carb this one is factory and i wanna change it.

mushroom_toy
07-26-2007, 12:00 PM

You know all of us Georgians should go to commerce dragway or either atlanta motor speedway, and all race each other...that would be fun and interesting, and legal! :) You should ride down tomorrow night. we could have a minimeet...and dogfight!

mushroom_toy
07-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Guess I will not be going to track as I am now completely broke. Sorry guys. Maybe next time I can get my times and some good vids.

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
ass :(

imjdoggie
07-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Guess I will not be going to track as I am now completely broke. Sorry guys. Maybe next time I can get my times and some good vids.
It can only take so much especially with 350,000+ miles. Tell us more what happened, whats the car doing??

imjdoggie
07-26-2007, 09:30 PM
The sad but great thing is I give my car hell everyday...and it hasn't broke yet. XD I think I'm going to take it to the track...that way I can see what my times are before the tranny swap...damn auto!

^^^ LOL :rockon:

labeledsk8r
07-27-2007, 12:59 AM
It can only take so much especially with 350,000+ miles. Tell us more what happened, whats the car doing??

i dont think his car is broke i think he himself is broke as in not enough cash to blow on track fees and gas etc. just my guess thoughi could be rong

2oodoor
07-27-2007, 03:23 AM
You know all of us Georgians should go to commerce dragway or either atlanta motor speedway, and all race each other...that would be fun and interesting, and legal! :) You should ride down tomorrow night. we could have a minimeet...and dogfight!

Just as well I aint ready yet, my car has been parked for two weeks waiting for some minor work.
Im going to Modoc SC tonite most likely anyway , there are supposed to be a couple more Hondas in the dirttrack Extreme 4 class , our fellow member has won 11 weeks in a row and now he may be up for a real race.

89T
07-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Have fun man, and remember to leave on the second to last light.
that would be "leave when the 2nd light turns off" trust me.

mushroom_toy
07-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah I meant broke as in I am now POOR No money, nothing XD.