PDA

View Full Version : Oil feed line?

Rendon LX-i
07-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I just wanted to know whats da thread pitch on da oil pressure sending unit is located? Or should i just buy dat adapter at Tuner Toys? Thanks and if u guys know da flared thread pitch on a 2Gen DSM T25...thanks

LX-incredible
07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I think it's just 1/8" NPT.

LX-incredible
07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Yup, it's 1/8".

AccordEpicenter
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
the tuner toys fitting is much better than the typical brass stuff. Its worth the money.

cygnus x-1
07-29-2007, 06:44 PM
It's not NPT though it's 1/8" BSPT (British Standard Pipe Taper), which is just slightly different. BSPT has 28TPI and NPT has 27TPI. You might be able to get away with NPT fittings but make sure you can thread them in at least 3 full turns.

C|

lostforawhile
07-29-2007, 06:53 PM
oh my god!! someone else actually knows this, everyone thought i was kidding. you should be able to get an adaptor,since they use this thread on most hondas. you need a 1/8bsp male to a 1/8npt female,then you can screw in the 1/8 fitting that comes with most oil pressure gauge kits. don't try to force it,you'll screw up the threads and possibly have oil leaks later. i know where you can get the adaptor,but i need to look it up again. MSC industrial supply has it for a few bucks. if you should screw up your oil filter mouting block,i can press in an aluminum sleeve and retap at 1/8 bsp,i actually have the tap. took six months to get,but i've got it. best thing to do is take the adaptor,connect a line to it,and t a sending unit and a line to your gauge off of it. get a sender that comes on to warn you at a more sane pressure,like 15 psi,not the factory 3 psi. you can order the senders from summit racing in different psi ranges. they will be 1/8 npt

cygnus x-1
07-29-2007, 07:37 PM
It's true. All the sensor threads in the car are BSP sizes and not NPT. If you have an NPT tap you can tap out the oil filter block enough to get an NPT fitting to thread in but you still need to seal the threads with RTV. Tape isn't enough. The sender switch will thread into an NPT fitting far enough but also needs to be sealed or it WILL leak.

Best bet is to get an adapter though. www.mcmaster.com has all kinds of adapters for this.

C|

LX-incredible
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Wow, it looked the same to me and seemed to thread in okay. Thanks for saving me that hassle and for the link.

cygnus x-1
07-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I know. It's so close that sometimes they might fit together ok. I actually tapped out the filter base on mine for a tee fitting to connect a gauge to. Later I ended up removing it and just put the pressure switch back in the tapped out hole and it still fits well enough to work. I did have to put RTV on the threads though.

C|

Rendon LX-i
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
So from wat im reading i need to tap out my hole...to put a 1/8 BSPT fitting correct? IF it so close i have a spare parts car so i just take it off dat one...see what i can do...lol

guaynabo89
07-31-2007, 11:09 AM
the tuner toys fitting is much better than the typical brass stuff. Its worth the money.

agreed defintaly cleans up the install compared to diffrent t"s and such.

if you want to get extremely easy there are sandwich adapter plates for the oil filter with outlets for your diffrent needs

lostforawhile
07-31-2007, 02:04 PM
So from wat im reading i need to tap out my hole...to put a 1/8 BSPT fitting correct? IF it so close i have a spare parts car so i just take it off dat one...see what i can do...lolthe hole is already 1/8 bsp,thats what the factory uses. look at the link for mcmaster car and call them,or call msc indusdrial supply, i think it's msc.com or something like that. ask them for a 1/8 bsp male to 1/8 npt female adaptor. they are cheap,don't risk messing up your threads. they are actually so cheap you can buy several and put them up. i got mine from msc. best thing to do is run a copper line from on top of the engine,and loop it several times to allow for movement. then t it at the firewall or something. another trick you can do,is go to the auto parts store,get a grease gun line. it's a high pressure hydraulic line is what it actually is. and it will have crimped 1/8 male fittings on each ends. this is what i use for a line from the engine to my firewall. been using it for years. if you need an adaptor to hook up your factory sensor to a 1/8 line,pm me and i'll make you one. it is much better to get a sensor that comes on at a higher pressure. mine is set to come on at 15 psi. i would rater have an oil warning at a pressure that isn't going to cause the engine to blow up,vs coming on at 3 psi after it blows up. lol.

lostforawhile
07-31-2007, 08:09 PM
here is where my oil pressure warning indicator is mounted,also the line to the gauge.
http://img105.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2007/07/31/s4020004-1ihbstfi.jpg
that is a grease gun hose on there.

Rendon LX-i
07-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Looks good bro...i get it...i let u know thou

Rendon LX-i
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
well im just going to buy da sandwich figure to add oil pressure gauge also and my dummy light