PDA

View Full Version : The SE-i and unwanted attention

Sabz5150
07-27-2007, 04:20 AM
One thing I've noticed since I've gotten the new 3g is that I'm getting revved at, zoomed by, and just in general attracting the type of attention I don't want. I'm sure it's because of the rattle can paintjob and the obnoxious fart gun, but even in the sedan with rims, gauges all over the dash, and the sound of a pack of mad dogs under the hood I didn't get the attention I'm getting now.

Sorry... just mindless ranting :)

2oodoor
07-27-2007, 04:34 AM
join the EBWAPOM club
everybodywantsapieceofme
dump trucks, grandpops in hybrids, every Civic with even if the only modification is a christmas tree air freshener, soccer moms in Armadas, curb sweepers, low flying ducks, farm wagons, crop dusters....

Sabz5150
07-27-2007, 05:07 AM
low flying ducks

Don't hate on the ducks. I remember pulling up to a stoplight one night, just cruising around, and I see this mallard in the lane beside me. I decide to give him a little scare (and get him outta the road), so I gun my engine a little bit. The duck looks over at me and starts quacking and flapping his wings. 'Oh really?' I think to myself and gun it a little harder. He jumps up into the air, quacking and flapping, then comes over and pecks my car! He looks up at the light and jerks his head back and forth, then looks dead in my eye.

"Alright, ya little bastard! I'll play!" I put the car in first and get my engine up to about 3000RPM and hold it as the light turns yellow. I see my competitor arch his wings out and kick his feet. We wait for the light to change.

Green. I dump the clutch and hammer down hard. The road is nothing but a cloud of smoke and feathers. The duck flaps madly as my car gains traction and shoots forward. I leave first gear just as he takes off from the ground. Second gear puts about six ducklenghts between me and him. Third gear and I am gone. Then suddenly I hear this "quackquackquackquACKQUACKQUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUAckqu ackquackquack!" as he BLASTS past me, feathers in his wake. He gains altitude with a vengeance as I slow down for the upcoming red light.

Well played Daffy... well played.

carotman
07-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Lol!

Maybe the rattlecan paintjob it to blame honestly.

evil88accordLX
07-27-2007, 06:53 AM
join the EBWAPOM club
everybodywantsapieceofme
dump trucks, grandpops in hybrids, every Civic with even if the only modification is a christmas tree air freshener, soccer moms in Armadas, curb sweepers, low flying ducks, farm wagons, crop dusters....
i have 3 tree air freshners, good for about another 25-30 horses. much easier than drilling speed holes!http://www.3geez.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)

why did it post the link to the gif and the gif?

2oodoor
07-27-2007, 07:21 AM
duck probably has tatooes with cars X out on his neck, one is an Accord

evil88accordLX
07-27-2007, 07:45 AM
duck drinks race gas and breathes nitrous

'A20A3'
07-27-2007, 07:55 AM
that duck had vtaaak y0000

2oodoor
07-27-2007, 08:13 AM
V-quack yo
lmao:rockon:

Toneloc5145
07-27-2007, 08:21 AM
It's probably because of your exhuast. I'm going through the same thing you are, but mine is, i think, because of the way my car looks. F-150's, Civic Hybrids, POS Chevy Celebrity's, Moms in minivans, Jeep Wranglers, John Deere tractors, Huffy Bicycle's, everybody wants to race me. I can predict it too, since it happens so much. I'll say to my passenger "Watch him/her take off", and it happens 99% of the time.

Legend_master
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
People dont even think twice about my car when it is moving. I do get revs when I am at a light, I guess its because the rims and drop. I just ignore the stupid people and beat the the fanboy crowd. Oh and the duck thing.

Duck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcR4v0BAhN8)

MessyHonda
07-27-2007, 09:18 AM
thats weird maybe because its a coupe. you know what that means....time for turbo or a swap.

the duck video was funny

A18A
07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
V-quack yo
lmao:rockon:
ahhaah

Civic Accord Honda
07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
lol probley the paint alot of dorks in there automatic civic sedans pull up next to us and start bobing there head and reving it

snoopyloopy
07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
yeah, all the months i had my fart can on my other 3g i never got revved at at all.

2ndGenGuy
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Fart gun? As in the big chrome muffler with 4 inch exit?

That would be what's attracting the attention I believe. It's the first thing I look for when I'm looking for someone to race. :)

Civic Accord Honda
07-27-2007, 05:31 PM
i want a fireball muffer

knarg
07-27-2007, 07:02 PM
join the EBWAPOM club
everybodywantsapieceofme

it's usually the crop dusters,
they are always picking a fight with me

Ichiban
07-27-2007, 07:09 PM
My toyota pickup has a problem with excavators.

Hazwan
07-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Crap now my car also get those unwanted attention :(

I got all the silly look from ricers and someone actually revved (which sounds like a boat engine) at the stop light just now. Can't you see I still have stock exhaust on it????!!! Stupid ricers.

Legend_master
07-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Crap now my car also get those unwanted attention :(
I got all the silly look from ricers and someone actually revved (which sounds like a boat engine) at the stop light just now. Can't you see I still have stock exhaust on it????!!! Stupid ricers.

Yeah but your car kinda has that old school Euro race car look, so all they see is the black wheels and nice paint.

Pico
07-28-2007, 09:56 AM
I get that problem ever since I mounted my gauges on the pillar, I need to find a different spot so it doesnt attract attention

frantik
07-28-2007, 12:26 PM
man.. nobody pays attention to me lol.. and i'd like lil heat haha. course at the same time i don't want cops to pay attention to me so maybe im better off lol

2oodoor
07-30-2007, 04:51 AM
People dont even think twice about my car when it is moving. I do get revs when I am at a light, I guess its because the rims and drop. I just ignore the stupid people and beat the the fanboy crowd. Oh and the duck thing.
Duck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcR4v0BAhN8)
I wish I had your uncanny ability to read minds like that, I would know if people were just trying to run away from the noise and fumes or wanting to race.:uh:

Kevii
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
man.. nobody pays attention to me lol.. and i'd like lil heat haha. course at the same time i don't want cops to pay attention to me so maybe im better off lol

Its cuz most people around here dont give a crap unless you have like a suped up integ or some shit they wont even care.

russiankid
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
No one cares about me. Sometimes i get a look because some people realize how old my car is, and here i am with my fatass at a red light and its blazing hot outside and i am no even sweating a bit. You gotta love a Honda.

Kevii
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Lol i wish my AC worked.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Lol i wish my AC worked.
Mine does... it's very much nice, especially down here in FL :D

But if you think you get revved on alot in a car, try it on a sportbike! EVERYBODY wants to race you!! Every civic/teg/prelude/neon/lancer/gti/ect. Hell even pickup trucks and G35's too... WTF? I dunno why they even bother, unless they're driving a sub-10 sec car they know they're not gonna win :wtf: (not trying to sound cocky, but it's true...) I don't even mess with them unless they really piss me off, like some dude in a 5th gen Lude did one night. I kept ignoring him but he kept playing with me, so I said fuck it and blew him away. He got in the left lane and turned.... never saw him again, LOL

Nobody ever does anything while I'm in the 3g though. They're probably laughing at the giant rust holes in the rear 1/4 panels :lol:

Legend_master
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM

But if you think you get revved on alot in a car, try it on a sportbike! EVERYBODY wants to race you!! Every civic/teg/prelude/neon/lancer/gti/ect. Hell even pickup trucks and G35's too... WTF? I dunno why they even bother, unless they're driving a sub-10 sec car they know they're not gonna win :wtf: (not trying to sound cocky, but it's true...) I don't even mess with them unless they really piss me off, like some dude in a 5th gen Lude did one night. I kept ignoring him but he kept playing with me, so I said fuck it and blew him away. He got in the left lane and turned.... never saw him again, LOL
Nobody ever does anything while I'm in the 3g though. They're probably laughing at the giant rust holes in the rear 1/4 panels :lol:

I always rev at bikes, cause I want to see them do something cool like a wheely or soemthing :lol: . I wouldent even waist my gas tor race a bike.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I always rev at bikes, cause I want to see them do something cool like a wheely or soemthing :lol: . I wouldent even waist my gas tor race a bike.

LOL the best is the little kids in cars, the looks you get and sometimes the older ones will lean out the window and do a wheelie motion and yell "pop a wheelie!". For some reason kids go crazy when they see bikes... I had a little boy walking with him mom almost take off after me one day in a parking garage. After I came around a corner and he saw me and screamed "WHOA look!!" and started to run and point at me, his mom had to grab him, haha. I was busting up laughing for quite awile

cubert
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM

it seems like every other person on the sidewalk expects you to bust out a 3 mile long tail dragging twelve o clock wheelie :lol: I ride a 77 suzuki GS750 and every other person i go buy whos 17ish or under goes "POP A WHEELIE...SPIN THE TIRE" Yea..ok..lemme just stand on the tailsection here....

knarg
07-31-2007, 09:54 AM
i think my AEM license plate frame brings some attention >_<