PDA

View Full Version : headlights still won't open

import racer
07-27-2007, 09:46 AM
:wtf: well i changed the switch in the dash and they still won't open or close.is there a relay for these somewhere,this has got me stumped.guess i can change the motors even thouthe guy i got the car from said he already did that. any ideas guys.

LX-incredible
07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
On the passenger side, in the engine bay, between the headlight housing and the radiator. There is two of them.

import racer
07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
On the passenger side, in the engine bay, between the headlight housing and the radiator. There is two of them.
do they both have to do with the headlight motors.

LX-incredible
07-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Yes.

Pico
07-28-2007, 09:50 AM
check to see if there is power going to your relays, and to your switches first.
That should help you eliminate the problem

lostforawhile
07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
if neither headlight goes up or down and you have checked the fuses, try swapping the electronic control module under the dash. it's a small gray box and it will have stanley retractable control, on it. does the headlight warning in the information center come on,when you turn the switch for the lights and they don't pop up? if it doesn't there is eithier a fuse blown somewhere or the module is bad. i doubt you have a motor problem if neither light goes up and down.

DaveTheAve
07-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm also having a headlight issue and have checked the fuses; however, I do not have the ability to replace the switch. I was told removing the switch makes them pop-up which they do not do when I disconnect the switch. Is there a course of action you recommend for me?

lostforawhile
07-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm also having a headlight issue and have checked the fuses; however, I do not have the ability to replace the switch. I was told removing the switch makes them pop-up which they do not do when I disconnect the switch. Is there a course of action you recommend for me?what do you need a switch? pm me and i'll send you one i have about half a dozen of them around here. talking about the dash mount switch now. do you need the lights up for now? if you do,pull the fuses for both lights in the under hood fuse box,then turn the knob on each light motor,it's under the rubber cover, until he lights are up.