PDA

View Full Version : automatic transmssion

Civic Accord Honda
07-29-2007, 03:04 AM
how hard is it to install a automatic transmssion on a 83 LX hatch?
and could anyone scan the transmssion part of the service manual?

A18A
07-29-2007, 03:31 AM
wouldnt it pretty much be the same concept as a 3gee?

2oodoor
07-29-2007, 06:30 AM
not much difference, I do know that on an 84 there were dozens of things to take off to be able to access things.
Honestly your question is like the welder asking how difficult is it to do open heart surgury, well if you are cardiac surgeon its a piece of cake, if you area a welder you may want to get a dummies book on it.

geez

Civic Accord Honda
07-29-2007, 03:15 PM
im just trying to figer out what is needed to do it and on a a rate of 1-10 10 being the hardest how hard is it to do
i may be geting a 83 with a blown transmission

Ichiban
07-29-2007, 08:36 PM
The best, easiest way is to pull the engine/tranny combo, then separate them on the stand or on the ground. Trying to do it from below is just an excuse to break things, hurt yourself, and waste time. Besides, you have to undo 90 percent of the things required to pull the engine to do the transmission only anyways. Removal/installation of the engine/tranny combo is very easy on these cars, I do recommend removing the radiator so you don't damage it.

Civic Accord Honda
07-30-2007, 05:27 AM
well the car was only $695 with only 77 K miles on it but i think i a mgoing to wait on a car to restore right now untel i have a garage lol

xvok
08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
lol i just did this its kinda a pain in the ass but that was the engine and trany together theorticaly you can do this seperatley but if the tourque converter has to come off i would suggest pulling the engine as whell. lol the tourque converter is just plain hard to get off. roughley what has to be done id disconnest two power stearing hoses from the tranny. then a speed sensor then on the inside of the car disconnect the gear selector cable. next while the car is on the ground break the lug nuts and remove the hub cap.next take the little hub ring thing off then break the hub nut then jack the frount end up revove the tires. disconnect the control arm and sub frame connector. remove the lower ball joint. next extract the front axles then drain the trany fluid then unbolt the tranny and drop it down on to something suitable thats it in a nut shell its alot of work.

AccordB20A
08-03-2007, 12:19 AM
this is how u do it

you dont bother and leave it manual

xvok
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
lol trade you tranys