PDA

View Full Version : Will the '89 SE-i Gauge Cluster Fit My '86 LX-i?

blh1983
08-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Will the '89 SE-i Gauge Cluster Fit My '86 LX-i without modification? Does anybody know? Thank you for your help guys!

blh1983
08-02-2007, 06:00 PM
So nobody knows then? lol.

ghettogeddy
08-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Will the '89 SE-i Gauge Cluster Fit My '86 LX-i without modification? Does anybody know? Thank you for your help guys!
should

Pico
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
I dont think there is any difference

blh1983
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Sweet, I hope so 'cause I have one on the way.
should

EX-ileAccord
I'm pretty sure it will
*Edit* holy 5 posts out of know where lol

russiankid
I don't see why not but you may have problems with the fuel and gas gage section since they are a little different, even though i doubt the needle position has an affect on the connection to the wiring.

blh1983
08-02-2007, 06:22 PM
I forgot about that. My current setup doesn't activate the gas gauge until the key is in the on position. And from what I hear the 88-89 seem to have constant power to the gauge. I'm hoping it works just fine..

MessyHonda
08-03-2007, 06:31 AM
yeah....thats the only bad part if you have a full tank it shows you have a full tank even if you turn off your car. but the part should fit.

Legend_master
08-03-2007, 08:22 AM
I know I have pulled my 86 LX-i cluster apart, and it was completely different then the 87+ models. I know the plug on the back is the same, but not sure about the internals.

BITESIZE
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm guessing it should work. I have torn apart many of these clusters and have parts for them. If you need a part or have any questions let me know. I'll ship it for the cost of shipping.

blh1983
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I actually do need a part BITESIZE. I need the clear plastic facia that goes over the front of the cluster; and the icon indicator template.. Lol, I don't know if it's called that but it sounds good.

I'm not to worried about anyone stealing my gas. If someone were going to steal anything off my car they would have taken the chrome valve stem caps, my stereo faceplate, etc... I've had the car for 2 months now and all of them are still there. That and 50% of the time I keep her in the garage.

Here's my plan for the SE-i Gauge Cluster. There is a seatbelt indicator light down between the tach, and speedo. I plan on cutting a turn signal icon out and replacing the seatbelt light with that icon, but having it face upwards.. It's the perfect place for a stock looking shift light.

But this leaves me with a ? I need a low cost shift light that I can route an LED to this spot with. Does anyone know which shift light has this feature?

I'm guessing it should work. I have torn apart many of these clusters and have parts for them. If you need a part or have any questions let me know. I'll ship it for the cost of shipping.

blh1983
08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Don't mean to quote myself.. But does anyone know of any shiftlights that have this feature?
I actually do need a part BITESIZE. I need the clear plastic facia that goes over the front of the cluster; and the icon indicator template.. Lol, I don't know if it's called that but it sounds good.
I'm not to worried about anyone stealing my gas. If someone were going to steal anything off my car they would have taken the chrome valve stem caps, my stereo faceplate, etc... I've had the car for 2 months now and all of them are still there. That and 50% of the time I keep her in the garage.
Here's my plan for the SE-i Gauge Cluster. There is a seatbelt indicator light down between the tach, and speedo. I plan on cutting a turn signal icon out and replacing the seatbelt light with that icon, but having it face upwards.. It's the perfect place for a stock looking shift light.
But this leaves me with a ? I need a low cost shift light that I can route an LED to this spot with. Does anyone know which shift light has this feature?

stat1K
08-03-2007, 08:36 PM
you can reroute any light you just need to find a shift light that has an led period and it should work. why would you want a shift light. my wifes civic cx hatch has a shift light and it's annoying. just my thoughts though.

BITESIZE
08-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Show me pictures of what you need and we'll talk about shipping prices. And if you need leds let me know :)

blh1983
08-03-2007, 10:57 PM
I'd take a picture of what I need if I hadn't of thrown it away. It's the plastic window that covers the gauge cluster to protect the needles. I broke that trying to remove it. And I need the indicator thing that has the PGMFI light, the brake light, Cruise control light, turn signals. The overlay, or whatever. I'd take pictures but my picture messaging isn't working right now. I'll call my phone company tomorrow and have that fixed. I hope this gives you an idea.
Show me pictures of what you need and we'll talk about shipping prices. And if you need leds let me know :)

blh1983
08-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I don't know why I want one, I just know that I do. Primarily because nobody has one quite like this setup in these cars. It's a conversation piece. That and those pillar/dash mounted shift lights attract the wrong sort of attention; and I don't like the way they look. Another reason is I listen to my engine when I'm driving and shift when I think it seems like the right time. And when I'm listening to the radio I tend to forget to shift; and the next thing I know I'm doing 50 MPH in 2nd at 5800 RPM's. Which now that I think about it, I know why I want one, lol.
you can reroute any light you just need to find a shift light that has an led period and it should work. why would you want a shift light. my wifes civic cx hatch has a shift light and it's annoying. just my thoughts though.

BITESIZE
08-03-2007, 11:17 PM
I have like 3 sets of guage clusters, so i have all the parts you need.