08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I am have an intermitent shake in the front end

it feels like a tire is going to fall off then it goes away

it happens like once a day.

i am not braking just going constant speed 60 - 72

i dunno what it can be

frantik
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
does it happen in the same spot? maybe the road is messed up?

when they were working on the roads here there were a few sections of the freeway where i swear i thought my wheels were gonna come off.. the 1st time i even pulled off the freeway lol

wallacefan
08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
no its different spots and sometimes longer than others

russiankid
08-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Thats odd, if the wheels weren't balanced correctly it would do it all the time at those speeds. Is the shake something like the steering wheel shaking hard or what.

2drSE-i
08-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Check out your bushings. if your running a constant speed and it just goes away, i wouldnt think it would be a balance issue. is your Power Steering resivoir full?

wallacefan
08-03-2007, 10:52 AM
i think i have a leak in the power steering

its a smalll leak though

HondaBoy
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
check your tie rod ends. mine had an intermittant shake until i replaced them. also recently had to replace one, but this time only made the car pull to one side as i accelerated or braked.

wallacefan
08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
what bushings?

would a tie rod be a constant?

g.frost
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
I've had tire balence problems that will come & go and can be very sensitive to speed: smooth out at 70 but bad at 65, etc. Also a tire out of balence will shake any loose suspension joints and make them worse. As a first try you could just rotate tires front to back and see if that changes it.

HondaBoy
08-04-2007, 04:28 PM
not really, tie rod ends would be from time to time, not all the time. also, my axles have created a front end shaking problem before when they were going out. mainly at highway speeds though.

a20aaccord
08-04-2007, 08:05 PM
my inner cvs went and it shook my car

Civic Accord Honda
08-05-2007, 05:20 PM
my car also does this but i know i need tie rods and uper and lower contolr arms shocks springs etc. lol

88accordSF
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
if CV joints are particularly worn in one axle, that can cause the driveline to shift forward and back within the mating joint areas.

if you have just a few thousands of worn play in one yoke, and also in the other, than the driveline will very fractionally rotate backwards from the transmission yoke and forwards from the wheel yoke when accelerating. when decelerating, it will go the opposite. its hard to describe, but its a matter of loose moving parts when rotating 3 assemblies together in motion, that have a little loose tolerances.

when the driveline changes configuration like this, it can cause vibrations because it is out of spin balance, which don't necessarily relate to an exact speed pattern, but more towards whether you are speeding up and slowing down at higher speeds.

its not the most frequent thing to happen, usually a shake means a tire balance problem or alignment issue, but i currently have that on my right axle right now, so that could be it in your case, if in fact your slowing down just a little bit at highway speeds, or speeding up (even just a little bit at a time) when it vibrates.

try putting your car on cruise control on a flat strech to see if your vibration still exists. if you go for a good 3-5 minutes on a flat on exactly the same speed, with no vibration, on flat pavement, this could be your problem