PDA

View Full Version : Stolen

che3wy
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
so yeah. my hatch back was stolen....

my friend was leaving my place for work and then saw my hatchback being driven away. he drove over to the car port to check and it wasnt there....

if anyone in the SF area see it please report it. Its a white 88 dx hatch
license plate 5ZAG283.

description
ls mesh rims
lower
rear windows tinted.

Pico
08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
so yeah. my hatch back was stolen....
my friend was leaving my place for work and then saw my hatchback being driven away. he drove over to the car port to check and it wasnt there....
if anyone in the SF area see it please report it. Its a white 88 dx hatch
license plate 5ZAG283.
description
ls mesh rims
lower
rear windows tinted.
Please tell me this is a joke, I thought you had a alarm system.
and did you file a report with the PD

2ndGenGuy
08-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Dude that is so mega-lame. I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with the recovery! Find the bastards!

che3wy
08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
filed a report wid SFSU pd which is the same. i guess that guy knew how to get around my alarm system.

Catalyst
08-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Noooooo Not my white hachi twin! Oh man I hope you get her back without any damage. Good luck finding her.

BITESIZE
08-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Why didn't your friend follow your car, and then call you?

knarg
08-03-2007, 12:05 PM
chewyyyy nooooooo :(

i would fucking die if my hatch got stolen, i've spent so much time on it.
i'm so sorry dude

che3wy
08-03-2007, 12:09 PM
ok here's the story he was leaving my place for work and he was getting into his car and he saw my car drive by. he drove over to the car port to double check it was mine and sure enough it is. by then he lost where it was going. last seen in the villas park merced off of 19th and 280. i think two options he went up 19th or he took 280. my friend doenst believe that he went 280 cuz when he got onto the main road toward 280 he didnt see it

forrest89sei
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
OMG!

I'm sooooooooooo Sorry to hear that!!!!!

Best of luck finding it!!!

che3wy
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
yeah i put alot of hours into my car. ugh i want to eat the heart of the guy that took it.

nswst8
08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope for the best. I do wish a speedy recovery and little to no damage if thats possible.

che3wy
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
thank you all for your concerns. i think on the brighter side of things im glad i was a bit lazy in installing my header and new cam gear that nswst8 has greatly set up the group buy. i know if i dont get it back im definately framing my Cam Gear as a memorial along with the "Honda" and "accord" badge that i took off a while back

ghettogeddy
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
man that sucks i know exactly how u fell mine got stolin like a year and a half ago and it was the worst 6 hr of my life good thing the guy that took it dident know how to dirve it lol found it 2 miles away on a side street

knarg
08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
thank you all for your concerns. i think on the brighter side of things im glad i was a bit lazy in installing my header and new cam gear that nswst8 has greatly set up the group buy. i know if i dont get it back im definately framing my Cam Gear as a memorial along with the "Honda" and "accord" badge that i took off a while back
you didnt install the corners either!

frantik
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
:thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

hondas ain't safe in SF too many jackers

che3wy
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
hahaha dotn worry man. if things dont pan out i'll ship them to you.

forrest89sei
08-03-2007, 01:13 PM
:thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

hondas ain't safe in SF too many jackers

It's because our cars are too cool!

I bet we could leave a 1991 CRX SI with 40,000 miles running with doors open next to any San Fran Members 3G locked with a club on the steering wheel, and the Accord would get stolen first! then the CRX by CAH

che3wy
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
jealous f*ckers... i hope he gets into a car accident and bleeds to death and i hope i find him so i can spit in his face while he bleeds out. then im gonna go after all this friends and family

knarg
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
hahaha dotn worry man. if things dont pan out i'll ship them to you.

if you dont get it back or get another 3g, i will take them, but i'd rather you have them :(

frantik
08-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I bet we could leave a 1991 CRX SI with 40,000 miles running with doors open next to any San Fran Members 3G locked with a club on the steering wheel, and the Accord would get stolen first! then the CRX by CAH
lol.. that crx would be gone before you could get a block away

che3wy
08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
^^nice sig frantik

if you dont get it back or get another 3g, i will take them, but i'd rather you have them :(

i think i'd rather have my car back. i would gladly trade my cam gear, header, jdm corners, and new black honda badges for it back.

russiankid
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I don't get why people steal cars. I hope you get it back, you had a very nice hatch. I hope they find the assholes who took it, but then they won't get much time.

forrest89sei
08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
yeah lets up it will be found within the day, untouched.

If it's a illegal Immigrant it's gonna be hard to get anything......

Good Luck on getting your HOT hatchback :wave:

If the Nor Cal 3geez'ers need to start a group with pitchforks and burning sticks to get your car back I'm In :wave:

frantik
08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
^ because cars and their parts are worth a lot of money and people just leave em outside all day & night

^^nice sig frantik

thanks.. which one? :kekeke:

russiankid
08-03-2007, 02:23 PM
^ because cars and their parts are worth a lot of money and people just leave em outside all day & night

thanks.. which one? :kekeke:
I must be really stupid, because i don't understand why some people have to steal to earn there dough. Why can't they get a job and an education like everyone else? it isn't hard, you just need some effort, and you won't get in trouble.

blh1983
08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
That sucks.. I had no idea these little cars were such targets. "Friends and Family", your going after his long distance plan? Just kidding, but seriously that sucks man..
jealous f*ckers... i hope he gets into a car accident and bleeds to death and i hope i find him so i can spit in his face while he bleeds out. then im gonna go after all this friends and family

frantik
08-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Why can't they get a job and an education like everyone else?
not everyone can get and job or afford an eduction... for example, drug addicts and people with prior convictions often turn to crime for thier money because they have a hard time getting jobs (the convicts) or holding jobs (drug addicts)

and hen there's just some people just dont care about others and find it easier to take people's property than earn it

MessyHonda
08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
wow jon this totally sucks.......didnt the 2 way paper warn you? the way i have my car alarm is that if it goes off the car wont start up.

blh1983
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
It's a lifestyle choice. These people can get the help they need if they just ask for it. Hell they could pan handle the money to pay for there GED if they truly wanted.
not everyone can get and job or afford an eduction... for example, drug addicts and people with prior convictions often turn to crime for thier money because they have a hard time getting jobs (the convicts) or holding jobs (drug addicts)

and hen there's just some people just dont care about others and find it easier to take people's property than earn it

frantik
08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
don't get me wrong I'm not justifying stealing or anything btw just explaining that it's not always so easy for everybody to just get a job and/or an education which is why some people steal. :)

che3wy
08-03-2007, 03:38 PM
to respond to jesse. iunno wat happened cuz i was awake at 10:30 and my friend saw my car drive away at 11. we didnt hear the alarm go off so iunno how he did it.

maxoutracer
08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
ill keep a eyes out for your accord if i ever come across it... since im all over the city the whole time, what is there in your car which make people want? body panels? audio equit?

Civic Accord Honda
08-03-2007, 04:38 PM
man that SUCKS you had one of the cleenest hatchs on here now im sad :( hope u get it back :(

lostforawhile
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
you can't depend on a standard type alarm,you have to think outside the box. you need two independent systems,a standard alarm,and another system that disables the car that is completly seperate from the main alarm,and that auto sets so you don't forget about it. you need to disable both ignition,fuel,and start. and do it so they all can't be bypassed at once. a thief will get frustrated and leave for eaisier targets with a setup like that. also all the wires need to be througly cocealed so they can't be bypassed.

blh1983
08-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Or you could get an old Ford Model T ignition coil connect that with the alarm, and if someone touches your car they'll get a Zap..

Edit: http://www.installer.com/tech/oldalarm.html

knarg
08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
wow jon this totally sucks.......didnt the 2 way paper warn you? the way i have my car alarm is that if it goes off the car wont start up.

chewy's name is jon too? x_x

too many john/jons aaahhhhhh

knarg
08-03-2007, 06:37 PM
^^nice sig frantik

i think i'd rather have my car back. i would gladly trade my cam gear, header, jdm corners, and new black honda badges for it back.

yeah :(

che3wy
08-03-2007, 08:41 PM
sigh still no report from the PD. jesse and the other jesse i greatly appreciate your help. i'll keep you guys posted as the events come.

BITESIZE
08-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Shit, I'd be driving around all night with a gun and big ass knife looking for my car!

frantik
08-03-2007, 11:24 PM
sigh still no report from the PD. jesse and the other jesse i greatly appreciate your help. i'll keep you guys posted as the events come.

didn't you say you filed the report with the state university PD? i dunno if they have the SFPD looking too but i wouldn't count on university police finding your car.. :( they dont even really go away from the university do they?

MessyHonda
08-04-2007, 12:51 AM
to respond to jesse. iunno wat happened cuz i was awake at 10:30 and my friend saw my car drive away at 11. we didnt hear the alarm go off so iunno how he did it.

wow that blows maybe they open the hood and disconected the batt so it would not go off. i need to get up my lazy butt and install another remote battery for my alarm.

maxoutracer
08-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Shit, I'd be driving around all night with a gun and big ass knife looking for my car!

hahaha... i remember this one time my friend brother del sol got stolen... so my friend went around the city driving around, no sign of the del sol... until around 3am driving sunset back home... they saw his bro del sol... follow it then they park it and walk away... then my friend was driving... chase them fool down, the deck n speakers were missing... the people who stolen the car was friends of a friend and they didn't know it was his bro car... so no police to deal, just got there ass wope and have the stuff replaced... thought they learn a lesson, nope... couple month after a friend integra got stolen, found out it was the same people... just stupid kids!

2oodoor
08-04-2007, 04:03 AM
dam I hate hearing shit like this
You must feel pretty violated and then it sux too if they use the car in some horrific crime in another juristiction and the feds come looking for YOU

I found a good device for anti theft, we use it on emergency vehicles sometimes. it is a constant duty solenoid, you connect it to a concealed switch in the car, it turns the battery off.

A18A
08-04-2007, 05:08 AM
something like a remote controlled flea bomb would be good, that should scare them outta the car. that sucks about the car che3wy :( hope you get it back in 1 piece

che3wy
08-04-2007, 08:18 AM
well if the car is abandon'd on the side somewhere PD will pick it up and run plates and the VIn number and then they'll see it turn up in the system. the only thing i had of value was my sony xplod deck (wooooh i know...) but i had some apline type r speakers in there but you woudlnt know unless i told you or you took the cover off the panels to see it.

another thought that occured to me is that my car might end up at a pick n pull or somthin cuz they dont care where the vehicle came from just as long as they got a car they can sell parts from. just a thought

I would be driving around the city right now but iunno where to start? any recomendations

lostforawhile
08-04-2007, 08:25 AM
well if the car is abandon'd on the side somewhere PD will pick it up and run plates and the VIn number and then they'll see it turn up in the system. the only thing i had of value was my sony xplod deck (wooooh i know...) but i had some apline type r speakers in there but you woudlnt know unless i told you or you took the cover off the panels to see it.

another thought that occured to me is that my car might end up at a pick n pull or somthin cuz they dont care where the vehicle came from just as long as they got a car they can sell parts from. just a thought

I would be driving around the city right now but iunno where to start? any recomendationsthey still have to run the vin numbers,it would show up as an open stolen case.

MessyHonda
08-04-2007, 08:48 AM
yeah you cant dump a car or take it to the junkyard unless they have the pink slip. i already started looking on craigslist for 86-89 honda parts or mech rims...

ryan2107
08-04-2007, 08:56 AM
wtf ur shit got stolen thats fucked up.... if u find the fuckers fuck'em up for sure

che3wy
08-04-2007, 11:07 AM
well parts that might be selling are

tokico blue with drop zone coilovers
sony xplod deck. the one that flips down
type r speakers 5 1/4 and 6 1/2
LS Mesh rims

those are the parts on my car as for contents i only had a pair of white etines in there.

sad.... my cupholders and arm rest is gone. =(

Catalyst
08-04-2007, 02:22 PM
You didn't by any chance leave your cell phone in you car did you? If you did, and it was turned on, you can track your cell phone via GPS. You can usually do this through your service provider.

Thats why I leave my phone in my car when I have to park it somewhere I dont trust.

ghettogeddy
08-04-2007, 02:35 PM
You didn't by any chance leave your cell phone in you car did you? If you did, and it was turned on, you can track your cell phone via GPS. You can usually do this through your service provider.

Thats why I leave my phone in my car when I have to park it somewhere I dont trust.
man if that works u can go get a track phone and just put like 30mins on it then rig a power cord and hide it in the dash and u got cheap gps tracking lol

Civic Accord Honda
08-04-2007, 03:09 PM
man if that works u can go get a track phone and just put like 30mins on it then rig a power cord and hide it in the dash and u got cheap gps tracking lol
haha thaty sounds like a good idea

Catalyst
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM

not sure if that would work. Some phones have the GPS feature, some dont. But most newer phones do. I know that my sony ericsson does.

che3wy
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
fortunately? or unfortunately i didnt have my phone in there. the only thing of value was the registration and proof of insurance in the car. so if those fuckers wanted they have both my addresses.

Cheeseburger
08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
wow bro! that really sucks! hope you get her back!

BITESIZE
08-04-2007, 11:06 PM
It has to be someone that knows your neighbors.

Pico
08-04-2007, 11:11 PM
anything yet Jon ?

che3wy
08-04-2007, 11:22 PM
nope.... =( on monday when i get back into the city im gonna see if i can get someone to help me go drive around and look for it. probably a waste though.

BITESIZE
08-04-2007, 11:27 PM
nope.... =( on monday when i get back into the city im gonna see if i can get someone to help me go drive around and look for it. probably a waste though.

You never know! Shit, if it were my car, I'd be driving around for a week straight, even if I had to take off a week from work! I'd be driving around with a shotgun!

MessyHonda
08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
if you need any help il go with you and go look for it...just split some gas money. i would tell you that it would be ok to borrow the dx but the starter is fucked on it.

maxoutracer
08-05-2007, 05:48 AM
what cars i've seen stripped and dump...

88-95 honda civic's
90-01 acura integra's
toyota matrix

you most car that are stolen and leave are within a block or two away from the person who did it...

lostforawhile
08-05-2007, 08:11 AM
you know i wonder if some braindead idiot thought it was a first gen teg, to the untrained or stoned eye,they look the same,a lot of people think my car is a teg too. maby he figured out it wasn't and dumped it somewhere. out here no one really cares,even at the junkyard where i get my parts,the cars are usually untouched. except for small stuff. he keeps them there because he knows eventually i'll have them all stripped.

che3wy
08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
well i head back into the city today so after i finish my hwk and stuff im gonna go out searching

i was really thinking about it. the only thin valueable in the car was my deck and speakers. i dont think anyone would want the engine... or bumper or anything. its not like the 3geez is that popular of a car compared to a civic or a integra. i dont understand why you'd steal a entire car when you can just take the deck and speakers.

MessyHonda
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
well i head back into the city today so after i finish my hwk and stuff im gonna go out searching

i was really thinking about it. the only thin valueable in the car was my deck and speakers. i dont think anyone would want the engine... or bumper or anything. its not like the 3geez is that popular of a car compared to a civic or a integra. i dont understand why you'd steal a entire car when you can just take the deck and speakers.

your rims are also popular...hope you had wheel locks on them.

che3wy
08-05-2007, 02:20 PM
i did have wheel locks on it so iunno

maxoutracer
08-07-2007, 04:23 AM
i did have wheel locks on it so iunno

doesn't matter what wheels lock on there, im still able to remove it...

happen with my friend, flat tire... lost the wheel lock key, he was like fuck... can't find it... so i went into my tool box with all these socket, test fit which one work the best... hammer the socket and wreck, wha la.... it works!

wheels lock will keep the dumb theives away, but if your smart everything is possible... if im correct g1 integra, 3rd gen accord and legends use the same key design, if you mess around it you can get inside, remove the harness that connect to alarm, fire it up and drive the thing away....

A18A
08-07-2007, 04:36 AM
yeah its so easy to break into these cars unfortunately :thumbdn:

Cheeseburger
08-07-2007, 09:11 AM
anything?

ghettogeddy
08-07-2007, 09:25 AM
doesn't matter what wheels lock on there, im still able to remove it...
happen with my friend, flat tire... lost the wheel lock key, he was like fuck... can't find it... so i went into my tool box with all these socket, test fit which one work the best... hammer the socket and wreck, wha la.... it works!
wheels lock will keep the dumb theives away, but if your smart everything is possible... if im correct g1 integra, 3rd gen accord and legends use the same key design, if you mess around it you can get inside, remove the harness that connect to alarm, fire it up and drive the thing away....
thats why my friend the next time my car is running it wont have key lock on it or they will at least be disabled

2drSE-i
08-07-2007, 09:47 AM
me and Legend_master have the market cornered on security

Step 1: Remove Main Relay
Step 2: Step out of Car, enjoy your car that doesnt start

BITESIZE
08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Still no car?

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
thats why my friend the next time my car is running it wont have key lock on it or they will at least be disabled

yup i already started....i converted my passanger side to the rear door handle so no keyhole.....the guy who install my alarm kinda half assed it i can see the damn relay...so anyone can just cross the wires and bam. i should start taking out my spark plug wire.

russiankid
08-07-2007, 12:25 PM
yup i already started....i converted my passanger side to the rear door handle so no keyhole.....the guy who install my alarm kinda half assed it i can see the damn relay...so anyone can just cross the wires and bam. i should start taking out my spark plug wire.
Just take the coil wire...or better yet just leave the fuel pump access cover off a bit so when u leave it in a bad neighborhood or something pop the cover off unplug the pump and place it back gently so it looks like everything is intact:lol:

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
yeah im going back to the guy so he can redo it again...he has been doing it for 12 years and he did mine way too fast....i just cleaned and i just saw lots of wires taped up...nothing looks oem under it. so il have to ask him this time even if i have to pay a lil more its more security.

maxoutracer
08-08-2007, 01:28 PM
me and Legend_master have the market cornered on security

Step 1: Remove Main Relay
Step 2: Step out of Car, enjoy your car that doesnt start

i have friend cars who still got stolen with removed main relay, fuel cut, kill switch, etc... you name it! car was part inside his car port, went out for a party... came back at night, gone! the chance for it getting stolen is with a flat bed or tow truck... if they want your car, they get it no matter what but it has to have a value to worth it for the run...

che3wy
08-08-2007, 05:30 PM
bum bum bum

I GOT HER BACK BABY YEAHHHHHH.

i will have pictures up later just got back.

car found in menlo park at 3:30am. ticker person was writting the car for parked illegally and ran the plates to discover stolen case. menlo park police towed the car to a lot where later i picked it up.

goodnews:
-interior is nearly still fine. no big things like tears or anything
-my alpine type r speakers are still in the car. idiots didnt think to look under the covers
-nothing wrong with the engine (i started the car and rev'd it so i think its ok)
-no windows are smashed

bad news:
-ignition mech is gone... (i can start the car with a flat head screw driver
-my sony deck is gone.
-my pair of white etines are gone =( favorite set of shoes
-an assortment of stuff that were in the trunk is now gone
-extra 120 miles on the od meter
here's the really bad news

i think pictures say a thousand words
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_010.jpg

sorry camera phone pictures are a bit hazy

ghettogeddy
08-08-2007, 05:34 PM
ncie but why dident u drive it home

russiankid
08-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Glad you got her back:thumbup:

che3wy
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
the car can start but the wheel will lock making it unpredictable to drive. i will post more pictures when i get the chance

Pico
08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Glad you got her back..
If you need any help we're here for ya.
My garage and tools are yours to use Jon.

che3wy
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
thanks roger. once i can get the ignition thing working again i'll see where i'm at

frantik
08-08-2007, 06:07 PM
w00t glad you got her back in one piece and not too worse for wear. suprised the rims are still on it :jaw:

nomocars23
08-08-2007, 06:13 PM
good thing you got he back

forrest89sei
08-08-2007, 06:33 PM
bum bum bum

I GOT HER BACK BABY YEAHHHHHH.

i will have pictures up later just got back.

car found in menlo park at 3:30am. ticker person was writting the car for parked illegally and ran the plates to discover stolen case. menlo park police towed the car to a lot where later i picked it up.

goodnews:
-interior is nearly still fine. no big things like tears or anything
-my alpine type r speakers are still in the car. idiots didnt think to look under the covers
-nothing wrong with the engine (i started the car and rev'd it so i think its ok)
-no windows are smashed

bad news:
-ignition mech is gone... (i can start the car with a flat head screw driver
-my sony deck is gone.
-my pair of white etines are gone =( favorite set of shoes
-an assortment of stuff that were in the trunk is now gone
-extra 120 miles on the od meter
here's the really bad news

i think pictures say a thousand words
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/che3wy/Photo_080807_010.jpg

sorry camera phone pictures are a bit hazy

Hey, Congrats on getting it back :D

maxoutracer
08-08-2007, 06:39 PM
guess someone stolen it for a joy ride and taken the deck for the heck... if they was real theives i would taken alot more, hehe... good thing you have it back all in one peice... could been worest!

che3wy
08-08-2007, 07:30 PM
god even on the tow truck it looks hawt!!

who likes the smoked corner? eh eh?

MessyHonda
08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
how did they get around the alarm?

im thinking of upgrading mine for more protection.

ryan2107
08-08-2007, 08:11 PM
you got it back and not to bad of shape congrats u prolly happy as hell.........well lets get the cluster project rolling...

BITESIZE
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Yay, God Bless!

Blizzard
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I think I may have one of those trim peices on a parts car. The pervious owner painted it white. Ill check tomorrow but Im pretty sure its still there.
Lemme know if you need it.

che3wy
08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I think I may have one of those trim peices on a parts car. The pervious owner painted it white. Ill check tomorrow but Im pretty sure its still there.
Lemme know if you need it.

thanks man. i think i'll be ok going to a jy and picking up a piece. my only concern is being able to put it in. is there a proper way of taking the trim pieces on and off? i plan on painting the window trim and trim pieces. i dont want to pull it off and crack the clip

A18A
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
sucks about what happpened, but a good thing it wasnt much worse, even better you got it back :D

lostforawhile
08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
thanks man. i think i'll be ok going to a jy and picking up a piece. my only concern is being able to put it in. is there a proper way of taking the trim pieces on and off? i plan on painting the window trim and trim pieces. i dont want to pull it off and crack the clipyou have to remove them from the inside to not crack the clips just break out the junk trim panel and they are accessable from the back
if you go to the yard and find a hatch can you pull be the big rubber seal that seals the hatch part? it just pulls off

guaynabo89
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
wont the insurance pay for that damage?

you should just get behgind the panel and straighten it out.

Civic Accord Honda
08-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Yay Glad You Got It Back

DaveTheAve
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, hit up your insurance agency with the damage. You know they'll over-pay you for repairs; perfect for any upgrades you wanted but couldn't because your wife said you've invested too much!

che3wy
08-10-2007, 11:08 AM
iunno... cuz they might consider the car totaled cuz the cost to repair the car is more than the kbb value so they might just cut me a check and then thats it

A18A
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
what the hell :(

Cheeseburger
08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
sweet!!!! thank god you got it back!!!! i really wouldn't suggest you let your insurance company pay for the damages. they might end up totaling like what they are trying to do to my car :(

BITESIZE
08-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Yah, chewy just fix it yourself, it won't take much work or money.

nswst8
08-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Don't goto the insurance for vehicle repair, see if they'll cover personal items and hit them up that way. I'm covered for upto $750 personal items. Its a way to get the some of the cost back w/o the insurance trying to total your car.

knarg
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
:eek5:

chewy got the hatch backkkk no wayyyyyy!!
awesome!!!
grats!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:cheers:

AccordB20A
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
oh thats good ya got it back, i was even more suprised to see the alloys on it still, good stuff sir

che3wy
08-10-2007, 10:39 PM
ok the adjustor came out and took a look. quoted abotu 1800 for the repairs. so iunno i think im gonna ask them if they can just fix the ignition part and give me some money on the items lost. then do the repairs myself. i was thinking about painting that section black anyways. i'll see if that works

maxoutracer
08-11-2007, 02:14 AM
you lucky.... we just came out of the club... my friend 2004 acura tsx stolen... not even street cleaning, should've ticket it... but its gone... top of the line model... my friend last whatever... report to the insurance already.