PDA

View Full Version : Easiest custom tails ever

larnaton
09-13-2002, 06:15 AM
Okay, this may not be the smartest or coolest idea... but it does make your car unique.... for your tail lights switch your blinker and brake lights... Makes something unique for your car, takes about 10 minutes tops to switch them.... That's my little tip for today.:stupid:

89AccordNate
09-13-2002, 08:19 AM
Thanks, but I think that mod has been around for a good 5 years :D.

Nate.

BoredRec
09-13-2002, 12:08 PM
lol....I have mine set up like that. Was at the illegal races once and a cop tried busting us up...ended up playing chicken with the cop until I dived for the shoulder (don't need to be wanted for attempted murder). Drove down the road and pulled into a Wal-Mart shopping center, immediately switched my lights back to normal just in case the cop came looking for me. By that time a half dozen or so cops came looking for all of us. Wasn't gonna take any chances.

HondaBoy
09-15-2002, 06:38 PM
yup i seen this done before but not every one knows about this. it does look cool though. if you do switch them, you should paint your tails lights all red. you can use the brand testors paint that is transparent (see through). thats the brand that is in hobby shops like for model cars. then you put a clear coat of some kind to keep it from flaking off. just a thought for easy custom tails.

hondaaccord_86
09-17-2002, 09:31 AM
i dont think any cop will pull you over and ticket you just coz you had the lights swtiched. but running away from cops and getting away... thats most fun you could have in a car!!! especially when theres about 50 other "fixed-up" rydes too.
-ed

Dennis
12-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I know this thread is super old but does anyone have a pic of what this looks like? :ugh:

shane_lxi
12-24-2003, 06:06 PM
lol. Looks like a stock setup, only instead of the lights on the outside acting as the blinker, the lights on the inside are being used as the blinker. Doesn't look any different then it normally would, except when you brake or use your signals. lol. The red tinting just makes the whole tail light look red. Some times they leave the little white square on the tail light white, that looks pretty good. I think you can just picture what the tinting would look like without a pic :D

BDaccordguy
12-24-2003, 06:14 PM
i never even thought about that.. i might have to try that someday if i get bored. if u wanna see what all red tails look like.. check my sig.

shane_lxi
12-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Yeah, check his out. You've really done a lot to that car? :) Looks good.

MIK3
12-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Blinking brake lights. That's awesome. I have got to try this mod. Haha. It's legal and all correct?

buzzbomber88lx
12-25-2003, 02:54 PM
should be. only diff. really is where the bulb lights up on the taillight. I did this to my bonnevilles homemade tails and made the brake lights on the outside and the signals and stuff on the inside. doesnt look too bad.

Neuspeed87lx
12-25-2003, 07:57 PM
Blinking brake lights. That's awesome. I have got to try this mod. Haha. It's legal and all correct?

im not sure if this is what you ment but there not talking about blinking brake lights .... there talking about just switching the position of the bulbs.... so the blinker will be on the bottom and the brake light is on the top .... instead of the stock position where the blinker is on the top and the brake lights are on the bottom...

BDaccordguy
12-25-2003, 11:07 PM
thanks shane for the props. yeah theres a bunch done to it, and more to come. A couple people from the club asked if id show with them in march in detroit to represent the 3geez, so that will be a first and im excited :)

goldadition
12-30-2003, 08:11 PM
the only way that you could get a ticket for switching your taillights and blinkers is 1 if he knows it's not stock 2 if you don't paint your tail lights red and switch it it will be very noticable. therfore possibly a ticket or warning. so if you do the mod corectly and he can't tell it 's not stock. you won't get a ticket. they have better things to do than to check if the tail lights on a car are stock or not. come on guys think about it.

zero.counter
12-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Why don't you just buy some R32 brake lights and patch them in with some minor body work, those are easy custom tails! ;) :D