PDA

View Full Version : prelude wheel

import racer
08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
does anyone know what i need to change to put my prelude wheel in my exi.how do i hook up wheel w/o cruise. do i need to change combination switch or what.

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 07:37 AM
is the prelude wheel from a 3rd gen lude?

mine was plug and play even with the cruise control

russiankid
08-07-2007, 09:03 AM
is the prelude wheel from a 3rd gen lude?

mine was plug and play even with the cruise control
Yeah if you don't want cruise control, remove the 2 wires from the connector and remove the whole switch assembly on the steering wheel. Then you will have 1 wire left which is for the horn. So just plug that into the connector on the slip ring and you should be fine.

A18A
08-07-2007, 09:04 AM
another thing if you dont want cruise control, dont press the buttons :) i want me a 3g lude steering wheel

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah if you don't want cruise control, remove the 2 wires from the connector and remove the whole switch assembly on the steering wheel. Then you will have 1 wire left which is for the horn. So just plug that into the connector on the slip ring and you should be fine.

on the 3rd gen wheel you cant really remove the switch as its built in to the shape of the wheel.

here is a pic of mine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/DSCF2703Medium.jpg

import racer
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
my wheel is out of an 86 or 87 prelude,it fit fine in other car but it didn't have cruise.my other car had the horn contact on the combination switch and a plate on the wheel.so do i take the plug off my wheel and take the plate off the prelude wheel and plug the leads on the wheel to make the horn work.