PDA

View Full Version : Radiator hoses

russiankid
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I have after market radiator hoses. The more i read the more i find out they are garbage and will soon go. So my main concern right now is which one would be more likely to go? The upper one or the lower? The upper one would be easier to change, which i will be changing it to a Honda one, but how about the lower one?

2drSE-i
08-07-2007, 09:26 AM
well seeing as how the lower one is harder to change, it will go first. (haha honda FTW) But honestly i would guess the upper one would go first.

russiankid
08-07-2007, 10:04 AM
well seeing as how the lower one is harder to change, it will go first. (haha honda FTW) But honestly i would guess the upper one would go first.
I was thinking of changing the upper one for now and in about a year or maybe sooner change the lower one a long with the thermostat even though i have a Honda one too. May be easier to just drain the whole thing and replace both hoses.

A18A
08-07-2007, 10:06 AM
im just guessing, but since the water pump spins a certain way, it would be forcing coolant into the radiator (top) and sucking from the other end (bottom)??

russiankid
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
im just guessing, but since the water pump spins a certain way, it would be forcing coolant into the radiator (top) and sucking from the other end (bottom)??
Yea, so it would be wiser to change the upper hose.

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
just keep checking your hoses that they are not too soft and dont look like they start cracking. i would change them both out and yes the bottom one is more of a bitch to do.

russiankid
08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
just keep checking your hoses that they are not too soft and dont look like they start cracking. i would change them both out and yes the bottom one is more of a bitch to do.
If find it quiet simple. You need one person from underneath to guide it and a person from the top to feed it.

MessyHonda
08-07-2007, 12:20 PM
If find it quiet simple. You need one person from underneath to guide it and a person from the top to feed it.

yup that was what i had to do i had to hold it while my uncle had some needle nose pliers holding the clamp and then sliding it the bottom of the rad.