PDA

View Full Version : boncin loveseat...

Vanilla Sky
09-13-2002, 08:17 AM
well, a while back, i blew the sub for the home theatre... i decided to put 2 12''(xs1212) jensens under the loveseat... this is being driven by a 100 watt RMS subwoofer amp that came with out home theatre... i don't have the box complete, but i have the subs mounted on the bottom of the loveseat in the unfinished box... i estimated about a meter and set down my sound lever meter, and ran through some music... they hit 112dB... that's not bad considering the box has an open back, the amp is so small, and the subs are aimed toward some really hella thick piled carpet... i'm gonna try to tune the box to about 30 hz (yes, i know it's hella low, but the subs seem to handle that low)... i would benifit from a better amp, but hey, for the 100some watts, it kicks ass...

all in all, don't diss the cheap $35 jensen subs at wal-mart

Derick

89accordlxi
09-13-2002, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. I've always dreamed about building a coffee table with subs in it with a plexi-glass top. But never have I thougt of mounting subs to a love seat.

Good luck with the project. May be when your done, you can take some pics and show us how it turned out..

Vanilla Sky
09-14-2002, 03:17 AM
well, by any and al means, it's not horribly pretty... i had to do some seriuos mods to the loveseat to get it to work, and with this bein my first box of this nature, and i wasn't doin the cutting, it turned out kinda whack...

TIP OF THE DAY: silicone caulk is an excelent sealant, even under high pressure... just make sure you use as many screws as you deem neccesary

Derick