PDA

View Full Version : new member w/88 coupe

88_accord
08-10-2007, 06:51 PM
i don't know if this is the right place to do intro...
i try seaching and see if there is about not doing stuff like that here but no i didn't find any...
-if i post in the wrong place please let me know..

anyway...
-i'm a new member here and didn't know that there is this place of this year of accord until a member from "cb7tuner" told me about this site..
his screen name here is "HondaEnthusiast1980"...=thanks buddy..:)
and another one "a18a"= thanks...:)

-I just brought a 88 accord dx coupe blue(not sure about the color) auto (i know) w/115xxx miles last few weeks ago...
For $400-not too bad...Body in ok shape(not the best)...
-Don't know so much about the carb engine(first time buying this year of accord)...but doesn't mean i'm new to honda...

-have already read some stuff but not all of it...maybe you guys can point me to where to read all this stuuff about this year of accord..

other than that heres the pictures..(not the best,i know)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p51ccdde9db0022aea8bc272933727aa3/e867fb25.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p64185b2be7d9942649d7323210c0ae73/e867fb1d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/peda8858134f005e83ddd317e46adb8e7/e867fb10.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p801be77d2621cb2d5a708ffbc43c4089/e867fb08.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p492c466cf043fdd97e91e4e530e9e635/e82a72a7.jpg

3rdgenhatchDX
08-10-2007, 07:52 PM
:welcome:

Nice coupe too bad you got a dx :( i see no power mirrors, windows, door locks, no aluminum wheels, pop out that other fog hole cover ;) let's see, paint fade not too bad, wash it paint it and swap the tranny :)

again nice car!

88_accord
08-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice coupe too bad you got a dx :( i see no power mirrors, windows, door locks, no aluminum wheels, pop out that other fog hole cover ;) let's see, paint fade not too bad, wash it paint it and swap the tranny :)
again nice car!

thanks for the welcome.....

i didn't care much if it was power or not...:lol: :lol:
what i really care was that the car still run super.....:rofl:

-oh and i did pop out that other fog hole cover....but no pix yet...
maybe i can put some aftermarket fog light?:idea:

MessyHonda
08-10-2007, 08:26 PM
:welcome: nice 4th gen and MPV(fam has had like 5-6 of them)

Civic Accord Honda
08-10-2007, 08:40 PM
nice car

LX-incredible
08-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Pico
08-11-2007, 12:56 AM
:welcome: to the madness :lol:

88_accord
08-11-2007, 09:09 AM
thanks all guys....
-and yes the MPV belong to my dad...he love it...

HondaEnthusiast1980
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
thanks all guys....
-and yes the MPV belong to my dad...he love it...
Yo... ( CB7_ACCORD ) You're welcome....yeah..Id thought Id detour you to this site ..because you had no idea that 3rd gens were just as popular as CB7s!!

so Enjoy...you will be surprised at how much info there is on the 3rd gen..and the SWAPS...wow!!

theres a guy on here that has a CA accord with a H22A in it!!!

I will come back here ...or send you a post on CB7tuner ....aight!!

russiankid
08-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Nice looking Accord. One piece of advice however is if you have the knowledge working on cars swap the auto for a 5-speed. It is worth it. These carbs plus an auto=death.

1ajs
08-11-2007, 12:39 PM
come on why do people hate on the carbs all the time?? theirs nothing wrong with the carb.. the auto suxs balls if your going to be racing blah blah blah but for a daly driver who cares aslong as it runs but the 5spd is alot more fun for daily driver :P

anyhow i notice the rust on the driver side wheel well aww... that should be the priorty to get fixed first!!! befor you think about the motor and trany blah blah blah.....

O YEA USE!!! PRIMER WITH ZINK OXIDE I T..............................................
not the cheap shit

snoopyloopy
08-11-2007, 01:56 PM
sweet, another one joined the dark side! :welcome: you won't regret it. :thumbup:

88_accord
08-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Yo... ( CB7_ACCORD ) You're welcome....yeah..Id thought Id detour you to this site ..because you had no idea that 3rd gens were just as popular as CB7s!!
so Enjoy...you will be surprised at how much info there is on the 3rd gen..and the SWAPS...wow!!
theres a guy on here that has a CA accord with a H22A in it!!!
I will come back here ...or send you a post on CB7tuner ....aight!!

haha...thanks buddy, you're the best:thumbup: ...i thought this post got delete...:confused:
i wonder who has that H22...:lol:

Nice looking Accord. One piece of advice however is if you have the knowledge working on cars swap the auto for a 5-speed. It is worth it. These carbs plus an auto=death.

OH.....:eek:

come on why do people hate on the carbs all the time?? theirs nothing wrong with the carb.. the auto suxs balls if your going to be racing blah blah blah but for a daly driver who cares aslong as it runs but the 5spd is alot more fun for daily driver :P

anyhow i notice the rust on the driver side wheel well aww... that should be the priorty to get fixed first!!! befor you think about the motor and trany blah blah blah.....

O YEA USE!!! PRIMER WITH ZINK OXIDE I T..............................................
not the cheap shit

i dont know why they hate it..i don't...:)
-yes i hate rust...and yes if i was thinking about doing anything i should get that rust taken care of it first...
-it may be an auto but it run great...and its my DD...

88_accord
08-11-2007, 07:01 PM
sweet, another one joined the dark side! :welcome: you won't regret it. :thumbup:

:huh: dark side?
thanks...i will need it...:thumbup:

lostforawhile
08-11-2007, 07:43 PM
go to eastwood.com get a can of their rust converter,really good stuff,not the wal mart kind,clean that wheel well down to bar metal and treat it. with that on there it won't come back. use the duplicolor self etch primer to prime before your regular primer. it's the only rattle can i'll use. nothing wrong with carbs i'm building crazy carbs myself. the possessed factory carbs are something else though. if they break,don't go to the dealer or a garage, call a japanese excorsist. we had a d-series army,a series army,carb army etc. etc. thing going for a while.

88_accord
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
go to eastwood.com get a can of their rust converter,really good stuff,not the wal mart kind,clean that wheel well down to bar metal and treat it. with that on there it won't come back. use the duplicolor self etch primer to prime before your regular primer. it's the only rattle can i'll use. nothing wrong with carbs i'm building crazy carbs myself. the possessed factory carbs are something else though. if they break,don't go to the dealer or a garage, call a japanese excorsist. we had a d-series army,a series army,carb army etc. etc. thing going for a while.

i just check out the site...
wow..cool stuff that i didn't know about...
Thanks...

russiankid
08-12-2007, 08:12 PM

not the cheap shit
I have a carb myself:wave:

88_accord
08-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I have a carb myself:wave:

:lol::lol::rofl::rofl: