PDA

View Full Version : F20a

getalife
08-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey guys,
I have 3g accord 86 with engine Integra b18 , well the engine is dead and i could only found f20a here is syria, anway the f20a comes with 5 spead auto , we tried to put it in the car yesterday , but the mounts didnt match( there is no worries about it, we can fix it) but the transmission box in the engine is so big , damn it :(

they dont guarantee how it will be when its done.. you believe it will work out guys?

regards,
M.K

Cheeseburger
08-13-2007, 08:10 AM
wow sweet! do u have any pics?

getalife
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
i will get pics soon mate, but the idea is how hard to will be to build mounts for the engine plus, do i need to change the mounts every couple of months since they told me they might get broken very easy

Note: The F20a Is From Accord 1993

MessyHonda
08-13-2007, 10:00 AM
if you have an integra engine only the B-series will bolt up. so anything b20,b18,b16

Oldblueaccord
08-13-2007, 10:10 AM
The length of the axle shafts may be a problem if there differant.

I think an H22 is a popular swap for F20 motors but since yours is not either Im not sure what the easiest thing it is to do.

To bad here A20 motors are very cheap to get.

wp

getalife
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
well :s this is the only solution i do have, tomorrow since the morning we will be working on the mounts, and the transmission box attached to the car, i'm sure it has another name, but i have no clue what its name

wish me luck guys!!

EricW
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds like an interesting project, can't wait to see it finished. As for the mounts i would try to use the ones from the new motor and make brackets for them to bolt to. The biggest problem is going to be the axles.

ZackieDarko
08-13-2007, 05:14 PM
i'll buy your integra engine mounts!

A20A1
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Did your car come with or did you install the integra B18 yourself?

if not

Are you sure it's the integra b18 and not the Accord B18?

Are you carbureted or fuel injected?

getalife
08-14-2007, 03:04 AM
well the car owned by my friend b4 me, and yeah i'm sure it's integra b18 it's carbureted and the car didnt come with this integra one we installed it a year ago , wish if it was injected, and the reason of swaping , this shity engine is burning oil like hell, and oil is all over the eninge , this is why i'm into swaping , and why F20A!! well this is the only accord engine i could found here, it came with full package only for 900$ engine, mounts, ( the back mount is oily one, which it's more smoothly) full axles , gear box looks so cool!! with 5 speed automatic , all the wires, air filter, and this engine comes with 2 computers !!!

zacki darco , you want to buy the old mounts? i would give them to u for free, i'm too damn far away , I live in syria ( middle east) the shipping charge fees will be very high

i will be posting pics when the project is done!!

MessyHonda
08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
well the car owned by my friend b4 me, and yeah i'm sure it's integra b18 it's carbureted and the car didnt come with this integra one we installed it a year ago , wish if it was injected, and the reason of swaping , this shity engine is burning oil like hell, and oil is all over the eninge , this is why i'm into swaping , and why F20A!! well this is the only accord engine i could found here, it came with full package only for 900$ engine, mounts, ( the back mount is oily one, which it's more smoothly) full axles , gear box looks so cool!! with 5 speed automatic , all the wires, air filter, and this engine comes with 2 computers !!!
zacki darco , you want to buy the old mounts? i would give them to u for free, i'm too damn far away , I live in syria ( middle east) the shipping charge fees will be very high

lucky i want free mounts!!!!

thegreatdane
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM

Your current engine is an 85-89 accord engine from the asian market if its engine number is B18A and it has 2 sidedraft carbs. If the engine number is B18A1 or other number after A then it's an integra engine and it will be fuel injected.

The F20A engine doesnt fit very well in your enginebay, the mounts are different and the axles are different. It has 2 computers because its an automatic transmission and one of the computers is for the transmission.

getalife
08-14-2007, 11:01 AM
thx greatdan , so what do u think? finally it will fit or i will go thrgouh troubles?

thegreatdane
08-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Troubles. It sounds like you're not looking for something with more power, so if I were you I would just search for another 85-89 accord engine, either B18A or A20A/1/2 since you have carbs.

It's possible to put the F20A engine into your accord but it requires ALOT of work especially since your accord is carbed.

getalife
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
well the real problem greatdan is it's rare here in syria to find several options, well i can get B16A how about it? it's 1.6 i dont think it can handle the car well

A20A1
08-14-2007, 01:24 PM
If you have the Accord B18 with dual carbs, which is why I asked if you had carbs, then the B16 is not going to be a direct swap. Only an Accord A16, A18, A20, B18, or B20 Accord engine will fit with no or little mods

Any other engine and you will have to make custom mounts.

getalife
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
well , there is no worries about the custom mounts, i have a perfect guy to do it , a very expert guy, right now I have this F20A with all its stuff, which mean full engine, mounts, gear box , axles... Note: all the parts is from accord 1993

the problem we r facing is the gear box is bigger than the place it should put in , i hope u can understand what i mean, we dont have problem with the mounts , we can fix it
the axles will be a bit shity as well

on the other hand, I have this option to exchange this F20A with B16A , my simple question is it easier to fit ? and does it give a good power for the car?

again thx all for caring and replying, your recommendations are highly appreciated to me :)

getalife
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
plus, i will not use any old parts of the old engine, all parts will be new from the F20A or the B16A depends on your recommendations

thegreatdane
08-15-2007, 11:19 AM
The B16A will be easier to swap and it has more horsepowers than the F20A. The B16A engine is much more like your B18A engine dimension wise. If it's a pick between those 2 I would chose the B16A.

ghettogeddy
08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
The B16A will be easier to swap and it has more horsepowers than the F20A. The B16A engine is much more like your B18A engine dimension wise. If it's a pick between those 2 I would chose the B16A.
agreed

getalife
08-18-2007, 08:23 AM
thx for everyone who helped me inthis thread , well finally i changed my mind and went into b16a after ur recommendation :)

thegreatdane special thanks to u dude for info :) it helped for reall!!

thegreatdane
08-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Your welcome, and good luck with your project!

AccordB20A
08-18-2007, 02:33 PM
keep in mind for a b16a in an accord be prepaired to have no power till around 5000rpm