PDA

View Full Version : Another hard part to find!!!!!

Legend_master
08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
So I went to the dealership to get my seat belt replaced under the lifetime warranty. The service technician told me I got the last seat belt available for my car in the entire USA. I dont know if thats only for the 86, or only for that color. Either way it looks like parts are going to get harder and harder to find.

'A20A3'
08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah man definitely. it's hard sometimes to find even the simplest shit. for those of us dedicated enough to keep the car, it's gonna be historic plates pretty soon for some of us. i'm looking forward to having 'street rod' tags so my exhaust can be as wild as i want. sidepipe here i come! :)

MessyHonda
08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
junkyard FTW

A18A
08-15-2007, 10:36 AM
how can they be so rare, its not as if they break so often that they need replacing :huh:

Oldblueaccord
08-15-2007, 10:53 AM
So I went to the dealership to get my seat belt replaced under the lifetime warranty. The service technician told me I got the last seat belt available for my car in the entire USA. I dont know if thats only for the 86, or only for that color. Either way it looks like parts are going to get harder and harder to find.

I tried in the 90's when I got the recall notice thru the original owners I still keep in touch with. They wanted 1000$ even if it was a safety recall. I filed a complaint heard one thing about it and that was it oh well.

I am wondering if they are going to turn over the parts to a clearance house or something like that since Honda does not want to fool with it anymore. Sometimes in the long run that can be a help since all the parts are in on area to control.

wp

DBMaster
08-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I have not noticed that parts are hard to get from Majestic, even little obscure ones. Maybe it's just that there isn't much call for replacement seat belts? I did notice that the aftermarket body parts places stopped carrying some of the trim pieces even though they still carry the bumper, lights, etc. It's all about supply and demand, my friends. Pretty soon a 3G in a wrecking yard will be a rare find. I went through this all before when my last car turned 15.

Legend_master
08-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I tried in the 90's when I got the recall notice thru the original owners I still keep in touch with. They wanted 1000$ even if it was a safety recall. I filed a complaint heard one thing about it and that was it oh well.
I am wondering if they are going to turn over the parts to a clearance house or something like that since Honda does not want to fool with it anymore. Sometimes in the long run that can be a help since all the parts are in on area to control.
wp

Well mine was completely covered under the warrenty, no money out of my pocket. I think Honda will keep all the parts until they are sold out. It would be rather shitty of them to no sell there classic car parts. I guess all we can do it wait.

frantik
08-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Pretty soon a 3G in a wrecking yard will be a rare find.

not around here lol

MessyHonda
08-15-2007, 11:31 AM
not around here lol

yeah on a good junkyard run you can find at least 20

knarg
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
there are at least 50 or so in the pick-n-pull in sacramento.

2ndGenGuy
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
wp

Yes, welcome to Honda Vintage Parts. Honda has this division they set up where they keep all their old stuff supposedly. I'd be willing to bet it's just a warehouse where they store all their out of production stuff.

You guys think you have problems... try getting parts for 2geez and 1geez. There aren't even hardly any 1geez in the wrecking yards, and 2geez tend to go straight to the crusher.

My heater valve recently started leaking on my car. Luckily for me there is one left in the United States, that's in Staten Island. So I have to call the dealership over there to get it. Hopefully I'm not already too late.

bobafett
08-15-2007, 12:29 PM
racing harness it is. thanks for making the decision that much easier!

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartgenie/prodList.asp?scat=211 ugh time to start saving